By anonymous - 08/01/2016 06:49 - United States

Today, I arrived at work to find a bullet hole in the window of the storefront we're leasing. Security assured me it had always been there and the glass shards on the floor had somehow been missed in my many vacuum passes and the pre-lease inspection two months ago, so no need to worry or fix it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 979
You deserved it 1 354

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds to me like you need a new 'security' team

It's no wonder your security isn't doing their job well... They left their brains back home when coming to work.

Comments

"Security, everything is missing from my store" "Sir, who are you?"

Legal options are many and varied. First off, I really hope you called the police immediately. Tell them the security is worthless. Contact the leasing agent and inform them of the hole and request a copy of the pre-lease inspection photographs. Request any CCTV logs showing your storefront. As far as the security goes, what state are you in? I work as a Security Officer in Virginia and in Virginia Security Officers are licensed and regulated by the Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) - You can file a complaint directly with the appropriate agency in your state if such an agency has power over the company. If they are from a large company like Securitas or Allied Barton, you can complain directly to the company. Include as much information as you can about the guard and the situation. Those "guards" need to be removed immediately.

ArmchairAnalyst 9

Ok, great. So they assured you. So where's the need for the fml?