By anonymous - 08/01/2016 06:49 - United States

Today, I arrived at work to find a bullet hole in the window of the storefront we're leasing. Security assured me it had always been there and the glass shards on the floor had somehow been missed in my many vacuum passes and the pre-lease inspection two months ago, so no need to worry or fix it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 979
You deserved it 1 354

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds to me like you need a new 'security' team

It's no wonder your security isn't doing their job well... They left their brains back home when coming to work.

Comments

MrZsDad 19

Missed in the inspection is their problem, not yours. Good luck OP.

I hope you took lots of photos before any cleanup, that you can use in the battle ahead to get the owner to fix it.

Did you take any photos when you moved in? One might show the window, proving the hole wasn't there. Though the idea that you have to prove it is insane.

I'd be taking lots of photos and using that as a legitimate reason to breach the lease and move to new premises. On a more serious note though - wow this reminds me of Pink Panther movies!

cr500guy 11

this sounds like a Monty python senarieo

snarkytruth 37

Seriously call the police to report it and try to find the slug and casing. Don't touch the casing if at all possible and let the police recover it. It could tie into another crime. Let that landlord know his security service isn't doing much to make you feel secure by taking such a lax approach about a shooting and ask for all the details like the date, who was the tenant at the time and what they did about it. Check for a police report to prove it was or wasn't a past event and if they say they didn't bother to file one you have them on not following through with their duty in the past and that's not what you were agreeing to when you signed your contract. . Isn't it law they have to disclose that info before you sign any contract? They are in essence admitting there was a shooting and they hid that from you. Check your vacuum bag for tiny glass shards and video it. Ask how many bullet holes does it takes before they repair the glass. Call the previous renter and ask about the bullet incident and why they left and their experience with your landlord. Check for any photo you or friends might have taken also check selfie backgrounds and rental advertisements. Should be pretty easy to prove your case and if not at least you will have a ton of proof if it ever happens again. Stay safe OP. Watch your back and keep an eye on your crooked landlord too.

Forget security- call the cops. Hopefully you have a CCTV system. If not, I suggest you get one.

bnbhimp 10

Probably a bb relax just kids being assholes.

Most BB guns cannot penetrate the glass used in retail display/viewing windows. High-end ones maybe, but the kids that can afford and will use those are not likely to be assholes. Also a BB is not going to have enough energy to penetrate cleanly, so the hole would not be obviously bullet-like. More than likely this was a drifted round from a shooting nearby, and police would be very interested in recovering the bullet if possible.