By getmeoutofthiscountry - 19/07/2013 19:06 - United States

Today, I agreed to lend my daughter's inflatable pool to my neighbor for the day. Barely an hour later, I witnessed his son jump off their balcony, missing the pool by inches. He's now in hospital, and my neighbor has sworn to sue me, saying I'm responsible because the pool is mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 140
You deserved it 4 087

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Counter sue him for the distress and trauma that you and your pool suffered from having to watch it.

Comments

Call the cops for him, and watch them laugh.

flashback.miss 28

Threaten to sue your neighbor for being an irresponsible ******* of a parent.

I would like to see him/her sue you. Unless the inflatable pool has feet on its own and moved while he was in mid-air, I doubt he/she will win the trial. Not to mention how it happened on his property and his/her son should have known better (it will be worse if the son is just a child - in other words, no parental supervison!) that even if he landed in the pool, chances are he will still be in a bad shape since.. it's an INFLATABLE POOL.

The issue is unless OP represents himself he still needs a lawyer to defend him if the neighbor follows through. That costs money.

Exactly! Where was the parent in this scenario? If you want to say anything about that, they were negligent.

You're forgetting this is America...... OP will probably lose.

crimsonlilies 26

Possession is 9/10 of the law! Neighbors....sheesh!

Obryn 9

If he had borrowed your car and been injured in an accident due to his own stupidity, he would be liable, not you. Tell him to bring it on and be sure to countersue for legal costs.

Your neighbor is an idiot, it won't hold up in court. I wouldn't worry about it.

Say "Challenge accepted" and watch them crash and burn.

What the...?? Is your neighbor on prescription?