An Inconvenient Thief

By Satver7 - 10/03/2017 22:00

Today, after meeting a girl for the first time and having sex with her, I found not only my wallet missing but also the 128 GB pen drive that had my project I've been working on for 6 months on it. I have to give the presentation in 3 days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 208
You deserved it 4 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not going to be a judgmental guy and say that you deserved it for having a quick hookup. I will, however, be a smart computer user and say you deserved it for keeping such an important project only on a flash drive. Back up important stuff to at least 3 places!

Well..... I hope the sex was at least protected

Comments

Well..... I hope the sex was at least protected

I was thinking I hope the sex was worth it. It'd be even sadder if the sex was bad and he aS robbed?

Hey Guys OP here. The sex was protected. The girl was a one of the hottest cheer leader at my Uni that I had been wanting to get hooked up to. I had about 70 something dollars in my wallet and the loss of pen drive was disastrous. I did confront her later that week. She denies everything. And about my work. I found a back up on Google Drive but it was a month old. I eventually stayed up and got all the work done in about 8 hours. The presentation went perfectly fine.

I'm not going to be a judgmental guy and say that you deserved it for having a quick hookup. I will, however, be a smart computer user and say you deserved it for keeping such an important project only on a flash drive. Back up important stuff to at least 3 places!

incoming_pudding 9

I always find knowing an important file hasn't been backed up to at least 3 devices and a cloud storage service to be one of the most anxiety inducing things I've ever had the displeasure of encountering! I'm the sort of person who would probably loose limbs if they weren't attached so I'd hate to think how many flash drives I've lost over the years! While I sympathise with OP as I've lost substantial amounts of files in a similar way before, I really hope this is the kick up the backside he/she needs to think about backing things up to multiple places!

Why would you have sex with someone you just met that day? YDI

Vampirequeen346 8

Exactly what I was thinking

Why, look at the downvotes! People defend their “right” to casual sex even in the face of consequences. Let's face it, it's just reckless to let a total stranger in one's house and give away one's intimacy overnight. OP should be screened for STDs ASAP.

and this is y you back up your work to multiple sources

IF only you weren't so worried about getting off, you might still have your stuff. Lesson learned.

Stealthclaws 16

16 people are butthurt sex addicts

gary8082 14
thatslifeiguess7 16

you don't sound smart....get an STD. test ASAP. Idk if you're a girl or guy but seriously if you must hook up the first time hotels are best

jcash52426 5

Sounds like someone is jealous of you doing better then then on their project so they paid a girl to hook up with you and then steal your project. CIA conspiracy theory:steal the USB.

I feel for this poster except my losses were games and plush never do anything at your apartment