By Anonymous - 11/03/2011 02:27 - United States

Today, for our last kid-free dinner before the birth of our 4th child, we chose a Japanese hibachi restaurant. They sat us with a family with a toddler, who started screaming at the first flame trick, causing the chef to cease to do anything entertaining. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 775
You deserved it 4 591

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dynky 3

I would have complained if I'd been sat with a toddler.

mintcar 9

It's called speaking up. Seriously though, people should learn to control their kids and they should also learn how to handle their outbursts in public. The sound of a crying baby is the worse sound there is.

Comments

WTF you say last kid free when you already have 3?????!

Possibly because the other children are old enough to be left with relatives, friends or a babysitter without too much hassle if the parents want to go out. When the new baby comes along, they would not want to drop a two week old baby off with a babysitter. Not to mention a lot of daycares won't even take a child until it is a certain number of weeks old. So yes, they can technically be kid-free for some occasions while the ones who have already been born are with someone else to take care of them while mum and dad go out.

why people drag babies to what is clearly an adult restaurant mystifies me. some places are kid friendly (and nobody has any basis to complain) and some are not.

perdix 29

What happened to your first three kids? Did you eat them?

reddwarf_fml 0

I have always thought they should have a no child section. like they used to have no smoking. kids suck

exactly, your dad should have made your mom swallow you.

DakotaCat 4

You're there to eat. Entertainment is extra!

DakotaCat 4

You're there to eat. Entertainment is extra!

At #8, I'm sure you are not a mom. I'm also quite sure you were a placid little angel as a toddler. Snatches like you should have your ovaries removed so you can't reproduce and blame your idiocy, ie possibly maiming or killing your child, on your own selfish needs and wants. ****. At #57, As much as you think kids suck.. you should tell your dad he shoulda made your mom swallow you then. lol It's not the children's fault, it's shitty ass parents. Yea, bratty kids are a dime a dozen. But, to blame them and say you hate them, and they suck is so damn ignorant. Contrary to popular belief we were all kids once, and had the occasional outburst or two.

Not everyone wants to breed. Kids get on some people's nerves, no matter how well-behaved. Congratulations on being a happy mom (with a gutter mouth, though. Hopefully you curb that when the little bastard is around) but it's not for everyone. Doesn't make them ignorant.

ViolentBears 0

God damn, I'm getting tired of all these rude comments. Look lady, we get it. You love your kid and you feel like they're saying it's your kid that is a terror, but they're not so you need to calm down and quit shooting curse words and insults around. My mother didn't take me and my sister to restaurants or any other place that we might disturb other people until we were at least eight years old. It's called common courtesy. A lot of women that have children don't even like the sound of another person's screaming child so there's no need for you to act on whim with your whole parent spill you got there. And if you dare make one more comment about how someone's mom should've swallowed instead, I hope to God you don't meet one of us in a dark alley because there will be hell to pay for that rude and completely unnecessary comment.

ReynshineCutting 10

You can take kids younger than 8 to certain places if they're well behaved. We've taken my 3 year old niece to a 5 star restaurant numerous times since she was born because she doesn't throw tantrums and is well behaved. It all depends on the kids and the parents. If your kid starts screaming somewhere in public, you need to do something about it or leave. But if your kid is an angel and someone doesn't want to be around your kid in public, it's a free country an they can go somewhere else.

sublime420 11

I hope Rob dies a firey death. :)

Hey, bitch. I hope Rob dies via car bomb while deployed. Or that he takes a 20mm H.E. round fired from a Denel NTW-20 to the face. I hope your kids die via some international terrorist 24-esque plot as well. Were you offended by that comment? I'm sure you were. If you don't want others ripping on you and making insensitive comments, then don't go around calling people ***** and telling them their mothers should've swallowed because you think the people making comments about not liking kids are making them about your ******* kids. Shut up.

January8 5

96 & 106 WHO SAYS THAT REALLY WHO SAYS THAT my god!!! it's FML it's just a forum. yea she went off the handle over nothing but why would you go there. holy **** you people need something legitimate to be passionate about cause that is just absurd.

I can't speak for sublime420, but I said what I said to make a point. And that point was: How would she feel if someone said to her things on the same insensitive severe level that she said to them? I really hope you didn't interpret what I said in the first part of my response as anything serious. Holy ****.

sublime420 11

I said it because it was funny. And i hope he dies. :)

ghadir 2
bigantennaemay 3

YDI, because guess what, not only are you stupid enough to have kids of your own, but haven't you even considered that YOUR kids may someday ruin the experience in a japanese restaurant for someone else? Someone else who WASN'T stupid enough to have kids? YDI, you selfish, self-centered, self-absorbed a**hole.

What are you talking about? How was the OP self-centered at all? I think you read that wrong and thought the OP brought the toddler. No, it wasn't the OP, it was some other parent that did.