By Anonymous - 07/11/2013 22:21 - United Kingdom - Derry

Today, everything that was beautiful and pure in my life turned into a terrible, warped version of what it once was. Today, I lost all hope and no longer believe that life, although sometimes shitty, is sweet and worth living. Today, I met my mother-in-law. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 673
You deserved it 5 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is probably the most poetic description of the abomination otherwise known as a monster-in-law.

It all started when she hijacked your computer, didn't it?

Comments

I guess I should be thankful that my mother-in-law is in the beginning stages of dementia and/or Alzheimer's. She's too busy calling me to help her find her credit cards, keys, glasses etc. to hate me or make a point of bemoaning the fact that even though I'm married to her daughter, she wishes that she'd "get over the gay thing" and find a nice man.

hey remember ur in love with ur husband or wife not ur dumb mother in law

This comment though correct still hurt me to read.. Honestly will two extra letters hurt you?

jensen21 19

I think you're being a little overdramatic.

SuperMew 22

I don't know. I have seen some very nasty women. I used to think that the movie Monster-in-Law was dramatized to be funny. Then I sat through a dinner with my best friend. She has been married two years now and finally met her mother-in-law. MIL flew down to see the new baby and the first thing she said was, "I hope this child does not take after your wife, dear. Look at that bad skin. Oh the poor darling will not age well. This is why you do not marry someone ten years older than you." My friend is 6 years younger than her husband and does not look older than her age at all. My friend looked ready to cry. The whole time the mother-in-law bemoaned how much of a ***** my friend was, how the house was tacky, that the baby had a stupid name (Angela), and that they should have named the baby after her. When my friend pointed out the baby was named for her deceased mother, MIL turned to her and said, "Did she die of disappointment?" This was when the husband, myself, and everyone at the party told her to leave. I don't believe that my friend, or her husband, ever forgave the MIL. But I have never seen someone so nasty since.

So basically everything you once knew and loved was a lie?

Just ignore her for the sakw of ur relationship and as a respect ro ur wife. Ur wife will respect u for ur reaction