By Anonymous - 07/11/2013 22:21 - United Kingdom - Derry

Today, everything that was beautiful and pure in my life turned into a terrible, warped version of what it once was. Today, I lost all hope and no longer believe that life, although sometimes shitty, is sweet and worth living. Today, I met my mother-in-law. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 673
You deserved it 5 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is probably the most poetic description of the abomination otherwise known as a monster-in-law.

It all started when she hijacked your computer, didn't it?

Comments

ImpracticalJoekr 9

you didn't marry your in-laws. They're family but they are not the most important people. Focus on the most important thing which is you and your spouse and what you are building together... namely a new family.

SuperMew 22

That is a lie. Unless you cut off contact you inherit the family. What Op needs to do is set limits and ask that the mother in law no longer cone around if she is that bad.

This is perhaps the most well-written FML ever

notsofriendly 17

It seems sad to me that MIL relations have such a bad reputation. If everything goes well, you could wind up with an "auxiliary" set of parents who love and support you. Or at the very least, warm if distant relations with people who are important in your spouse's life. I know it's tricky, but I think it's worth trying...

Just watch the show mike and Molly. Molly's zingers will help you get by. Otherwise I'm sorry. Maybe you can wear her down. Maybe find out why she's such a rip.

I just loved the way OP shaped the FML by the end :P

icepick23 12

They are not all bad, I live next door to mine. If she is to much for you, you might consider investing in moveing. Putting distance between you and your mother-in-law will limit the amount of time you have to interact with her. Good luck and remember its your spouse that you married not your mother-in-law.

If you went into meeting her with such a bad attitude about it, no wonder it didn't go well.

mooseantlers 1

that was so well written! and i can relate. sorry she sucks so bad