By Anonymous - 07/11/2013 22:21 - United Kingdom - Derry

Today, everything that was beautiful and pure in my life turned into a terrible, warped version of what it once was. Today, I lost all hope and no longer believe that life, although sometimes shitty, is sweet and worth living. Today, I met my mother-in-law. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 673
You deserved it 5 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is probably the most poetic description of the abomination otherwise known as a monster-in-law.

It all started when she hijacked your computer, didn't it?

Comments

Most dramatic FML I've ever read. Bravo sir.

You didn't meet your spouse's family before you married them?

I fought wars with the Old Battle-Ax that never ended. I'm young enough to look at, but far too old to see. All the scars are on the inside. She won the majority of them, but I had my moments! One that comes to mind was me telling her the horse knew what to do when she bragged about getting her license the first try. (I didn't) If looks could kill... Sadly, she's in the last stages of Alzheimer's. In her confusion, she thinks I'm the greatest. In my confusion, I think she is too.

This was the most beautiful FML I ever read!!!

picklemonger 13

Actual mother-in-law or future mother-in-law? Either way, the fact that you managed to have a whole relationship with your girlfriend from the first meeting to the point where she became your wife/fiancé without ever meeting her mother is quite telling.

I love how you worded that...in-laws at times can be bad...but maybe things will look up...