By pissedandcomputerless - 07/11/2013 18:42 - United States - Lawrence

Today, I failed on a school presentation because I was not prepared. Apparently, the fact that my computer crapped itself and started giving off smoke last period isn't a good reason for not having my presentation prepared. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 034
You deserved it 8 684

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have a feeling a flash drive could have saved the presentation.

Comments

Oh. that really stinks OP... it gave off smoke???

OP should of had a back up system. Something to fall back on.

imo if you arent saving projects on a usb youre doing something wrong.

ya I get side tracked by YouTube and craigslist

Duuuuude you shouldn't have gotten a Dell!

myeviltwin 20

You should always back up important documents, pictures etc. I use a three prong back up for important documents. Flash drive, print out and I email myself a copy. Because there is always that chance your computer will crap out or get stolen and those things never happen at a good time (like there ever is a good time for that to happen).

@36 No, you can't expect computers to crash, but op said this was last period. In other words, he/she waited until the last possible moment to prepare. So, its still his/her fault.

This honestly sounds like a poor excuse for somebody who slumped off until last minute and then exaggerated a story of how it didn't get completed YDI

They usually give you a few days to prepare presentations. OP could have used library computers, a friends computer, or even an iPad. You can make presentations with those too. Plenty of ways to get around. So if I was a teacher, and if someone gave me an excuse along the lines of "My computer broke". I'd pan-fry them.

I have a feeling a flash drive could have saved the presentation.

You should go talk to guidance counselor/principal. That's not cool

Lol. The principal isn't going to hold his hand and help him through it. This is a YDI

You should have stuck with 'the dog ate it'

tompou6 19

That is an excuse, your teacher is just an idiot

No, you're just a student who has yet to discover the responsibilities of real life.

"But teacher, my computer was smoking!" "What's next, the dog ate my homework?"

Teacher: "Your computer was smoking? You think I'm responsible for your computer's drug habits?"

Perhaps you should've tried hitting it? Maybe swearing while pacing the room?