By Anonymous - 10/10/2015 04:43 - Canada - Qualicum Beach

Today, desperate to meet a guy, I went clubbing. The only guy to show any interest opened with, "You're hot, for a black chick!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 414
You deserved it 2 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's a club. They're basically a place to keep all the fuckwits away from the rest of us. That sort of thing is to be expected, really.

fpants2010 18

Comments

hannah_dl 11

Not cool. Should have got the bouncer to kick his racist ass out.

It kinda does make him racist. He's pretty much saying that black people are ugly.

No, 28 is right, he is just a douche. Blacks and whites don't mingle nearly as much as other races, most likely because a lack of opposite attraction.

Or maybe he is not attracted to black women.

so now people are racist for not finding black people attractive. that's like calling a gay guy sexist for not finding women attractive. yeah ok.

8313girl 28

Adeptus, where do you live that you gotta deal with that kinda segregation? The town where I'm from; Black, White and Hispanic and many other races hang out all the time. I'm Black and most of my friends are White and Hispanic. Please stop with all that ignorant nonsense. Sorry that your town hasn't gotten with the program that hanging out with other races is cool. I'm not trying to diss you and I sure don't know what racist experiences you've gone through, but you can't generalize whole groups of people based on your surroundings.

#58 Maybe if you took your head out of your ass and read my comments you would know that I said they don't tend to DATE or MARRY each other. Interacial friendships have nothing to do with it, I'm talking about attractions.

There's a difference between telling someone they're not your type and saying 'you're attractive DESPITE your race.' Is it so hard to stop at you're attractive? They decided to add the racist part to the sentence. I'm all for standing up for preferences, but I'm not going to defend this asshole. It was a racist, backhanded compliment.

You don't get gay guys (who aren't jerks) going up to women and saying 'you're attractive... for a woman', it's an insult since you can find someone attractive without fancying them or their being your type. I find women attractive and I'm in a monogamous straight relationship. I think it takes wilful ignorance to say bringing her race up as the back-hand in a backhanded compliment isn't kinda racist.

annoys me so much that people think you have to be a certain race just to be seen as attractive. I'm purple ffs.

no you don't have to be a certain race to be attractive. some people just don't find that race attractive and there is nothing wrong with that. it's like a gay guy saying you're pretty attractive for a woman.

Just hold on OP , the right guy will come your way.

for some reason reading that pissed me off, hope you told him to **** off.....white guy here

I think clubs are the perfect breeding ground for jerk syndrome - if you look like you have standards most of the guys stay away, thinking there'll be too much competition and you won't be interested, leaving only those with nothing to lose to approach you, who often tend to be icky.

Clubs are awful places to meet nice people.

and nice places to meet awful people, as it were

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

nope it's negging at best and racism at worst.

24—he basically said black people aren't attractive. How could that possibly be construed as a compliment?

technically nothing is racist, instead of racism we should be looking at ethnicity. by all means my message will be seen negatively unless viewed with an open mind. think about it this way: personal preference, maybe he likes girls who are darker or maybe lighter, sure a skin color, but nonetheless a preference.

technically nothing is racist? My dad got called the N word in California yesterday, what would you call that?

Bruh, wtf do u mean nothing is racist? I get laughed at in my school for being black. Is this called ethnicity? I don't bloody think so. And being under the influence of alcohol mostly causes you to tell the truth. Agreed?

Take it...but don't take him...clubbing is usually not the best palace to meet people

shmoooopie 29

Why are so many people telling op to "take the compliment"? It wasn't a compliment. He basically told her he thinks all black people are ugly but she was an exception

born_hustla 26

Try a classy lounge next time!