By WaitedOut - 03/10/2012 08:07 - United States - Saukville

Today, at work, I got to wait on one of those tables where everyone had very complex orders, and some of them sent their food back. When the time finally came for me to bring them their check and receive my well-earned tip, I returned only to discover that they'd dined and dashed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 340
You deserved it 2 129

Same thing different taste

Comments

That really sucks. I am lucky where I work. I have had one dine and dash in the year I have been a waitress, but our management don't make us pay for it, unless it was because we were clearly being negligent.

Tipping is a form of awarding good service. It should not be expected or demanded when poor/no service is given. I refuse to tip anyone anything unless I get good service. OP it sucks that they dined and dashed. Remember their faces and make sure everyone is aware so that it doesn't happen again.

JerryH 9

Wait! Wisconsin? This reminds me of an episode of "That 70s Show" anybody remember? The one where they went out to eat and they decided to dine and dash.

Like hi, do your job an repeat the order back correctly

kiakia0131 23

If there is a problem with your food (or service), you should take it up with management, not be an asshole and dine and dash.

It's actually usually not the fault of the wait staff, Im a waitress and have waitressed in a ton of different places all throughout high-school & college (we move a lot- i've never been fired) and so far everywhere I've worked the wait staff always read the orders back to the customers before they put it through; sometimes the chef messes it up by just making the standard meal without referring to specifics in orders, and sometimes the people at the table are deliberately awkward and are trying to get money knocked off their bill. I ALWAYS repeat the order I've written down to have customers confirm it and I've had meals sent back a few times.

g_ayvel 11

I hope you didnt have to pay for them,Sometimes being a server sucks,because alot of the times businesses see a dine and dash as your fault (shoulda been taken care of them more and that wouldnt have happen) and you end paying for them but hey gotta take the good with the bad

If you watch That 70's show then you would find it Ironic this happened in Wisconsin.

Maybe I missed it...but if this was "A large group" how did they all get up and leave without OP noticing?

mysticshroom 2

"well-earned tip" i don't think you understand how a "tip" works.