By WaitedOut - 03/10/2012 08:07 - United States - Saukville

Today, at work, I got to wait on one of those tables where everyone had very complex orders, and some of them sent their food back. When the time finally came for me to bring them their check and receive my well-earned tip, I returned only to discover that they'd dined and dashed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 340
You deserved it 2 129

Same thing different taste

Comments

I hope you dashed after them and caught the ******* criminals. People like that deserve to be locked up and fed nothing but Brussels sprouts and tomato juice for a week. Assholes.

Woah woah woah... Why not just gasoline?

PenguinBitch is right. Just use vegetable oil instead.

And while we're at it, put 'em over a Texas style grill, sauté some mushrooms, and we can have ourselves some grilled Asshole A La Carte. Then we dine 'n dash.

19- coal is too environmentally damaging. Feed them bear shit. Or use dry bison shit to set them on fire.

What, no one is going with the classic bread and water?

23- great idea! We'll have an FML barbecue, and all the regulars would attend! (No, Petepoop, you're not invited) *fires up grill*

Is it weird that this thread made me hungry?

PYLrulz 17

26 - Bread and water is too good for them

lvaldezr 4

I would say just bread. They don't deserve water.

TheOath 12

Tomato juice is good for you though :( I say we make them drink spinach smoothies! They're not that great...

jellycorn 13

No, no. Celery and carrot smoothies are REALLY gross.

38- No, that response is very appropriate.

perdix 29

That's like a -100% tip! Are you anywhere near Waukesha? 'Cause I sure could use a free meal! JKJKJKJK. I'll dine at your place and leave a nice big tip (calm down, not enough to cover the damage of those assholes, but a nice start.)

perdix 29

Why the hell am I getting thumbed down for this? I'm offering to help the OP recoup her loss, and you all think this is a bad idea? I don't see anyone else offering help to the OP, just a bunch of impractical revenge schemes.

Perdix, sometimes you are misunderstood. And because of that, you get thumbed down. This is just a website, it doesn't really matter.

Don't forget the impractical cooking schemes perdix.

CantBeatMe2007 5

I usually like your comments but this one is......suckish.

mrperspire 4

This is why everyone should wait tables for a period of their life. So that they know what it's like to wait on douch bags

snowygreeneyez 2

Wait tables and work customer service... There are just so many assholes out there.

People who don't work in the restaurant industry will never understand how ****** up that is. I've never waited tables myself but after bussing tables and now being a cook and talking to the waitresses you can see how often people screw them out of their hard earned money.

skyeyez9 24

Do waitresses get stuck with a dine and dash bill?

#22 I was a waiter for a bit, and this happened to me. Yes I got stuck with the bill. My tips didn't cover it and I left with less then I had at the start of the day.

perdix 29

#22, yes, the "logic" is that if servers did not have any consequence for hog-n-jogs, chew-n-screws, eat-n-cheats, etc., their friends and families will come in for free meals. It sucks, but if you can think of a better way, put in into practice.

DontClickOnMe 28

Not at my restaurant. If we have somebody walk out on their bill, even if it's like a $100 bill, the manager takes care of it. Lucky for us, I guess.

bstudds 1

we're not responsible at mine either.

That's technically illegal and you can press charges against the owner if they make you pay for it. I only know that because a girl I worked with did and won

TheDrifter 23

I get that some of their orders were botched (and some people are just insanely picky) but that'sjust ignorant. At worst if my food is terrible I'll ask for a manager and request he not take the kitchen's tipout from my tab. (the cooks customarily split 5% of the food bill here, taken from the waitresses' tips.

nokel11 7

that's not usually under the mgrs authority to be honest. most restaurants use a computer program to tell you how much you owe and what your tip out is.

This is why it should be compulsory to take a credit card or ID or something when they come in, so this shit doesn't happen to people.

Take a drivers license. That way if they get pulled over when they dash, they can just explain to the officer that they left their license at the restaurant they just stole food from.

Or simply have customers pay when they order.

olpally 32

Time to go hunting for those humans... Trashy people are trashy... *******!

fyreprincess 3

oh, sweetie, I am sooo sorry. been there, too. ps, never expect a well earned tip fr diners with complicated orders who send a few back. I hope your next shift is easier.

Harlequin073 6