By Anonymous - 21/02/2011 00:19 - United Kingdom

Today, at my strictly Catholic grandmother's funeral, I was made to sit in the row behind the rest of the family, because I was born out of wedlock and wasn't a 'real' member. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 939
You deserved it 2 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, I’d like to see her explain that at the pearly white gates.

kingtz 6

What a ****** up family. Remember this day and how they ostracized you should you ever win the lottery and they come begging for money.

Comments

You have a skewed view of their religion. Try to be more openminded and not spread your posionous hate arround.

romano07 0

it's not a traditional thing at all. the family just don't think he belongs since he's a wedlock baby. it's just the family being so strict. not part of traditional catholic religion.

Yeh, welcome to the traditions of religion!

The family wasn't even following their religion... Christ taught forgiveness and these people were clearly not willing to follow that. If they had been truly honoring the traditions of religion they would've loved op regardless of the mistakes of the parents. People only bash christianity and religion because they see people like the family that rejected op and label them the religious types!

First paragraph: True. Second paragraph: Not necessarily. There are many reasons people "bash" or reject religion. Blanket statements such as yours aren't necessary.

I think problem not with OP's mom... but his dad... perhaps he - woodoo adapter

The bible does say it is wrong for a man to lay with a man as one does with a woman. Read Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13. However, God is loving and forgiving. If you are gay and you ask for forgiveness and don't keep living in sin, God will forgive you.

You're right, it does say that in the bible. But I'm sure there's a verse, if I remember correctly, about it being okay to lay with another man, which means the bible contradicts itself.

Miranday 0

I fell sorry for you,I truly do.

I call BS on this. I'm Catholic, have been around Catholics my whole life, so I have the authority to say that Catholics are NOT like this. I think OP is an atheist and trying to smear Catholicism.

hanniegirl 0

that has nothing to do with being Catholic, her grandma must of came up with that by herself