By Anonymous - 21/02/2011 00:19 - United Kingdom

Today, at my strictly Catholic grandmother's funeral, I was made to sit in the row behind the rest of the family, because I was born out of wedlock and wasn't a 'real' member. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 939
You deserved it 2 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, I’d like to see her explain that at the pearly white gates.

kingtz 6

What a ****** up family. Remember this day and how they ostracized you should you ever win the lottery and they come begging for money.

Comments

skyeyez9 24

OP that is horrible! People who claim to be religious and love God are usually the cruelest to others. Bunch of hypocrites.

TempestRain 0

That's is why the Catholics are famous for stupidity. Would they have had the same issue if you were adopted? I doubt it. I bet if you would have gone and splashed some nasty dirty water on your face, then prayed twelve times to a dead lady they would have offered you a way in. Stupid!

Someone please explain to me why the word whilst has crept into so many FML's lately! The word while is perfectly acceptable and not as annoying. Do you think it makes you sound more intelligent? It really doesn't.

first of all its not even in this one, and you are the only person who finds it annoying

It is because whilst you weren't paying attention it jumped back into the modern language.

skyeyez9 24

24: religion is not dying out. Europe is becoming more 'muslim' every day. You can walk down the street and hear their awful call to prayer songs on the speakers...in Europe! in 30 years, muslims will probably be the majority there. Then it will spread to the US. :( And you can enjoy being stoned, beheaded for a ton of 'sins' against islam.

You have a skewed view of their religion. Try to be more openminded and don't spread your hate arround.

xXgUeSsWhAtXx 9

This actually reminds me of a book i read. It was a sort of religious Romeo and Juliet, Romeo being an extreme catholic while Juliet was more open to newer ideas, like homosexualiy. I believe the whole religion is split like that, some going to extremes, and (as I believe) wrong in many ways. Right here is one of the wrongs, but I don't think the grandma is to blame. But thats just me=)

Go out and win the lottery then when they come begging for money you can rub it in their faces.

Know religion no peace Know peace no religion

I wouldn't have sat through her funeral since I wasn't related to her...