By Anonymous - 21/02/2011 00:19 - United Kingdom

Today, at my strictly Catholic grandmother's funeral, I was made to sit in the row behind the rest of the family, because I was born out of wedlock and wasn't a 'real' member. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 939
You deserved it 2 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, I’d like to see her explain that at the pearly white gates.

kingtz 6

What a ****** up family. Remember this day and how they ostracized you should you ever win the lottery and they come begging for money.

Comments

People like that make real Christians look bad. This is not WJWD!

hisHoneyBunny 0

ha its reasons like those that I left that religion. I consider it the machista-religion. I feel so sorry for you. That was ****** up of them!

Clearly you are not accepted as a member of the family. Walk away from them and build a new life. At the very least, never invite them to your home or important event like wedding or baptism. Think of all the money you can save on not buying Christmas presents.

This is what Jesus would have done, right? ;)

Mm this FML puts a bad name on Catholics... I'm a Catholic, and honestly I have not met a single other Catholic who is really this strict. I'm not saying that none of them are, but definitely not ALL of them are. :/

chlorine1295 1

this is an example of why religion sucks

fruityloopz 4

I'm Catholic, but I don't consider myself a radical one. I believe in gay marriage and im okay with sex before marriage too. Being Catholic should not be about "following the rules". It's about accepting everyone, regardless of their sexuality, race, religion, political opinions, etc. It upsets me to see other Catholics ruining the reputation of the "not-so-strict" Catholics.

Not your fault. The ****? Blame your mother. This sucks balls dude, FYL indeed.