By fstfckd - 07/06/2014 19:16 - United States

Today, at college, I was frantically trying to finish an essay on gay rights that was due less than an hour later. In the end I failed, because the college internet filters kept classifying every single page containing the information I needed as "sex", and blocked it all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 819
You deserved it 15 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Never leave work until the last minute OP. Allow time for unexpected crisis.

BubbleGrunge 18

Gay rights are equal rights, the end! That would have been an A+ paper, OP!

Comments

sexyboi1985 27

Well this isn't your problem. Talk to someone and get it sorted ! I m sure u deserve an A+

It is his problem because if he had started his essay days before, instead of waiting till the last minute, he would've realized any website he tried to view was blocked and he would've chosen another topic.

YDI, if you started on it earlier, you would have known it was blocked. It's still kind of silly though, that you can't look up gay rights because it's blocked.

you waited til last minute, sorry but ydi

rocker_chick23 27

YDI for waiting until the last minute. Try talking to the teacher and see if you can get an extension, don't be shocked if he says no and fails you.

juturnaamo 29

When one person likes people of his same SEX he is said to be homoSEXual.

It's kind of sad to see so many FML's about homosexuality having many deleted comments as well as the comments getting closed.

You should have started your paper earlier, then if you had any problems, you would have had time to make other arrangements. You deserved it OP

1jordan1 11

At college? Really? Jesus Christ. You're not twelve year olds looking for "boobies". You're a grown human being, there shouldn't be filters at all. It's called being an adult.

Is this a tiny Christian college or something why are there website filters?

Because its a school. They tend to dislike getting their networks infected.

kotake 7

You know as much as "liberal colleges" get flack, I would rather go to a liberal college than a conservative one any day. Censorship is ridiculous... Anyway colleges tend to have a lot of their computer science and It students work at the school itself developing programs (creating opportunities for them and getting good work for the price of slave minimum wage labor). I know my university has a system that won't let you connect if it detects a virus, and gives a free scanner to eliminate viruses. So any college using "those websites are scary" obviously either has an extremely bad tech program or doesn't have a clue what they're doing. Either way undesirable and crappy (like the bob jones university of south carolina's geology department, which has no geologists because they enforce young earth creationism and can't get anyone to teach what they want because they get laughed at :P In any case any school that feels the need to block content for any reason is horrendously bad imo. I don't respect any institution that can't adequately defend itself from things it dislikes, instead having to censor them to avoid the topic.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

I assumed he was using a computer lab, where the filters are on the browsers to avoid students watching **** in a public place.