By egc573 - 24/06/2012 23:39 - United States - Fullerton

Today, at a party, I told a joke to my crush. He didn't even smile. An hour later, I heard my model friend tell the exact same joke to him. He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 629
You deserved it 2 763

egc573 tells us more.

egc573 40

You guys are great. If I was broken up about this at all, I'd feel much better from a lot of the comments. I'd been flirting with this guy for a while, and this was the coldest he'd ever been to me. He met my friend that very night and wanted to get laid is all. But joke's on him--the friend's engaged! As for the whole maybe my friend told the joke better thing, it's not the kind of joke that needs a bunch of buildup and then a big punchline. It was more of a sarcastic comment-type thing. She didn't tell it any better than I did.

Top comments

Goddess_Rummy 13

Well now you know they are superficial and not worth your time. You can find better.

Classic douchebag: Thinking with the dick.

Comments

dixiefoxx 22

OP, you deserve so much better then that guy. He's a jerk, and I'm glad that you at least found out before it was too late.

Glockinator 2

Maybe you messed up the delivery of it and so he didn't find it funny

unknown_user5566 26

I think situations like this have happened to most people. As bad as it may seem in the moment, you'll eventually realize you don't want to be with someone who is so superficial anyways. Eventually you will find someone who will laugh at your jokes because they care about YOU, and not just because of your looks. :)

What a jerk. I Dislike people that are like that!

Wreakorofhavoc 1

All the people saying he is a douche or superficial are the real douches here. Where's the rule that says someone is forced to like someone that likes them? I've liked some girls that didn't like me, big ******* deal. I didn't like some girls that liked me, big ******* deal again. And who said that there's that much of a difference in appearance? Maybe he just doesn't like her personality. We are probably missing some of the story anyway. I think we all know that women over exaggerate everything and leave stuff out when telling stories.

Wreakorofhavoc 1

Shit, I bet you all have done the same kind of thing to someone else. You probably don't even realize that you have. Or you are thinking, "but that's different because ______." Guess what, it isn't actually different.

unknown_user5566 26

40- Your blanket-stereotype of women caused your argument to lose all of its validity. How exactly do "we all know" that women over-exaggerate and leave out information while telling stories? You, sir, are the real douche here.

40 - I was prepared to thumb you up. I fully supported your position . . . but then you made a generalization about women . . . and you lost my kingdom. I am fairly confident that the grand majority of us are prone to exaggeration (see!). It is not just the women. And it is nothing to be ashamed about, either.

Just because you don't like someone back the way they do doesn't mean you have to be rude or impolite to them? Just common maners. Also agree with #43 on the "all women exaggerate"-part.

51 - you're right, one should be polite anyway. If it seems pretty clear that someone likes me and I don't like them back, I usually talk to them when we're alone and tell them that I am not interested in them so that I don't mislead them. I think that better than giving them the cold shoulder to convey the same thing. But eventually almost all of us will be rude to someone who likes us, whether intentional or not, even if we have no right to be.

jgoodz 3

Now I see why those girls didn't like you back :)

B3Y0ND 3

Lol, of course they're from California.

egc573 40

Hey, now. California's got nothing to do with it. Shallow people are everywhere, it pleases me none to say.

Girls do it to guys all the time, except more frequently

unknown_user5566 26

"All the time" seems to be all-inclusive, how do you something more frequently than that? :)

MatthewDmerrill 5

Maybe he didn't hear you correctly or didn't get it.

All in the punchline. Some people are better at saying jokes than others. Don't worry, someone will find you entertaining. Probably not your crush, though.

ChickInGreenVans 12

Maybe he's just not that into you.. O well..