By egc573 - 24/06/2012 23:39 - United States - Fullerton

Today, at a party, I told a joke to my crush. He didn't even smile. An hour later, I heard my model friend tell the exact same joke to him. He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 629
You deserved it 2 763

egc573 tells us more.

egc573 40

You guys are great. If I was broken up about this at all, I'd feel much better from a lot of the comments. I'd been flirting with this guy for a while, and this was the coldest he'd ever been to me. He met my friend that very night and wanted to get laid is all. But joke's on him--the friend's engaged! As for the whole maybe my friend told the joke better thing, it's not the kind of joke that needs a bunch of buildup and then a big punchline. It was more of a sarcastic comment-type thing. She didn't tell it any better than I did.

Top comments

Goddess_Rummy 13

Well now you know they are superficial and not worth your time. You can find better.

Classic douchebag: Thinking with the dick.

Comments

Consider yourself lucky, you now know that he's not worth your time.

uJelly24 1

That's great advice coming from a goat...

Why does it always come down to being "worth your time" with you people? Why can't it be "Now you know he's not the one for you"? Does there always have to be the suggestion that you are above the other person regardless of the situation? He just wasn't interested in the girl, that's it, that doesn't make someone beneath you.

Besides, one does not simply BECOME a model! It takes a lot of effort to change your looks if you're not already perfect, and even then, a talent scout has to notice you. There's no telling who that will be, either, nor where. Sorry, 8. Your logic is fail.

One does not simply model into Mordor?

30, Because sarcasm is something that is hard to detect online, thats why she needs to pretty herself up.

Be more thankful you realized he's a total douche bag.

TheDrifter 23

Perhaps she tells it better than you do? Yeah, that's it.

The jiggling **** do add to the joke, yeah.

Exactly what I was thinking. There's a lot more to telling jokes than just spouting them off. One of my friends could read the ingredient list from a drink and make it sound hilarious

axelrave 3

Well now she knows she's not his type...

Can't win em all. It probably wouldn't work out anyway.

martinv19 6

Some people just tell some jokes better!

Seriously that's what you think it is. Or maybe the crush just wants the model and needs attention so bad he laughs at what she says. I me it sounds like OP can do so much better.

TheVelocirabbit 10

Hey, atleast you know who he really is now.

KM96 24

What? A stupid, judgmental idiot who cares about looks rather than whats on the inside ...

...Models don't have anything on the inside? Because she's a model doesn't mean that's all he cares about. Otherwise I'd have to worry that my girlfriends were only interested in me because they want free health care...Oh god...wait...that explains a lot...

Reality_bites 14

Maybe he didnt hear you tell the joke.

Hmm, that is certainly possible. I sometimes mumble and usually people just smile absentmindedly but say nothing about not hearing me (which is very aggravating in itself). With that said, I don't think that is the case here. He clearly heard her friend.

littlemsweirdo 12

This is not a sad moment, it's a happy one because now you can find someone better! Cheer up ! (: