By egc573 - 24/06/2012 23:39 - United States - Fullerton

Today, at a party, I told a joke to my crush. He didn't even smile. An hour later, I heard my model friend tell the exact same joke to him. He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 629
You deserved it 2 763

egc573 tells us more.

egc573 40

You guys are great. If I was broken up about this at all, I'd feel much better from a lot of the comments. I'd been flirting with this guy for a while, and this was the coldest he'd ever been to me. He met my friend that very night and wanted to get laid is all. But joke's on him--the friend's engaged! As for the whole maybe my friend told the joke better thing, it's not the kind of joke that needs a bunch of buildup and then a big punchline. It was more of a sarcastic comment-type thing. She didn't tell it any better than I did.

Top comments

Goddess_Rummy 13

Well now you know they are superficial and not worth your time. You can find better.

Classic douchebag: Thinking with the dick.

Comments

Sunako_fml 9

Your crush is a shallow douchebag. You deserve better!

I don't agree with a lot of people here. Just because someone wants to be in a relationship with someone they find attractive doesn't make them superficial. I bet most people saying that are single. (But it doesn't mean I won't be friends with someone who I don't find attractive). There are always other fish in the sea OP, hard to believe until you've already caught one. But it'll happen if you give it a chance.

perdix 29

So, your friend is much prettier than you and has much better comedic timing? Why are you trying to compete with her? You should just bask in her radiance and hope to catch some of her rejects.

Maybe your crush is an idiot, and therefore did not get the joke at first. It had to sit in his dinosaur sized walnut of a brain. That is the thing about crushes. You don't really know them. You think you do, but not really. Your perspective is clouded. And he might not have gotten the joke the second time either, he just has a crush on your friend. Q

He's definitely not the right guy for you. You shouldn't have to change yourself to get someone to like you. Also, tour model friend is a bitch if she knew you liked the guy.

It hurts now, but it will get better. Honestly, if he likes your friend more, let him go. If you're insecure about your appearance, work on that. Either find a way to be more comfortable with your looks, or do something to change them. Develop your personality. Get better at telling jokes. And seriously, don't waste your time comparing yourself to a model, dude.

egc573 40

You guys are great. If I was broken up about this at all, I'd feel much better from a lot of the comments. I'd been flirting with this guy for a while, and this was the coldest he'd ever been to me. He met my friend that very night and wanted to get laid is all. But joke's on him--the friend's engaged! As for the whole maybe my friend told the joke better thing, it's not the kind of joke that needs a bunch of buildup and then a big punchline. It was more of a sarcastic comment-type thing. She didn't tell it any better than I did.

sparta98 4

I get how you feel = this has happened to me more times than I can try to count. It'll turn around eventually is all I can really say, but I know it doesn't help. You'll find your guy =)

txgirl09 5

Maybe he did that because he knows you're interested in him and is trying to subtly tell you he doesn't feel the same. Even though he may have found the joke funny he didn't want to laugh and feel like he was leading you on or something. I've had a guy or two who took anything small (like laughing at a joke) to mean I wanted to marry them and have their children. I always had to get malignant before they'd back off (which just killed me because i'm not a mean person).

Delivery still matters on quick comments.

amandalillian 27