By Failed Parent - 11/10/2012 06:59 - United States

Today, as I was about to leave for work, my 16-year-old son stumbled home in nothing but his underwear and pink cowboy boots. He threw his hands in the air, yelled, "BOTTLE SIP BOTTLE GUZZLE," promptly threw up and passed out in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 925
You deserved it 4 635

Same thing different taste

Comments

WTF??? WHY WASN'T I INVITED TO THIS PARTY???

tne201992 12

I used all caps to denote yelling, sir, to emphasize my colossal disappointment in not being invited to this epic party.

14- Very well then: Next time I'm holding a "Drink Yourself Stupid-Nude" weekend event, I'll make sure to invite you and the FML community along for the memories. ;P Problem solved. ;)

Schizomaniac 24

Draco, I don't think there would be many memories.

EEEEEEEEE!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! *dons pink cowboy boots*

SenselessPattern 12

I'll bring my pregnant step sister with me.

perdix 29

At least, you know you are working to support his "Midnight Cowboy" lifestyle. Yeee-haaawww!

Some people call him the space cowboy, Some call him the gangster of love. Some people call him Morris (wee-woo)

OhDearBetrayal 25

He could have gotten himself a gig at a strip bar like Channing Tatum in Magic Mike;)

perdix 29

#54, what the hell is a "pompitous?"

Is that what he really says? Ha, I never could make that out. Google it, I guess…

Here you go Perdix: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pompatus_of_Love

perdix 29

Thanks, but I knew Steve Miller just made it up. Just like there are no such flowers as "colitas" that are mentioned in Hotel California.

166- that's because Hotel California is by the eagles..... Or is this Perdix sarcasm again.... And I think colitas is marijuana?

boycrazy30007 12

I know this sucks for you and you're family, and I would probably kill him but that is hilarious.

guckylynn 19

Pretty sure she mean you're, like she said. You are family but if he were my son I'd kill him is basically what she meant.

Amanyyyyyy 29

But she's talking to OP, who most likely isn't her family... I think she meant "your."

Why not start the day with a big bowl of "my son just stumbled onto the lawn in nothing but underwear and pink cowboy boots because he was incredibly drunk"? That's my favourite brand of cereal.

Aw, don't consider yourself a failed parent! Sometimes, young people just have to go crazy. At least he came home all right! Good luck with the cleaning (or are you making him do it)? ;)

slimjim8094 12

You know, people used to say 'carpe diem' as they aspired to live life to its fullest and most rewarding. Nowadays, people say 'yolo' as they aspire to get so drunk they pass out in a pool of their own vomit. Pretty sure that's a step back...

What does "you obviously love owls" have to do with this?

83- In this case, he closer followed the saying "Carpet Vomitus"; Puke on the rug. :p

F your life? You raised him. YDI if anything. 16 isn't too young to start experimenting with alcohol, but he should live in fear of your dissapointment if 1) he drinks too much, and 2) it gets him in trouble. Seems he's being reckless and irresponsible, with no fear of consequences

Oh goodness, this bullshit again. Believe it or not smart-ass, after a certain age it is up to the teenager, and not the parents, to grow the **** up and be responsible. You don't know how he was when he was younger; hell, he could've been the most polite kid on earth, but at 16 years old, he's old enough to make his own decisions. Get your head out of your ass.

It's up to parents to set guidelines, after that the kid decides what to do with those values. Sorry 26 didn't see your post D:

Exactly, wolfhausen. No problem, I agree with you.

My patents taught me to know better but I still did stupid stuff growing up. When I went through my wild stage I was self medicating for bipolar. My mom kept trying to get me help for it just to be told that kids my age didn't get depression or bipolar. I'm glad the world has grown up and realized that that attitude was wrong. But it did cause me to do a handful of stupid stunts like op's son. Granted, I got grounded every time. Kids will be kids. They experiment. And sometimes there are underlying reasons for the behavior that aren't the parents' fault.

I bet Timbuka is the guy who want to blame his parents for everything he ever did wrong as a teenager, but still expected them to let him do whatever he wanted to. It's up to the teenager to take responsibility.

Is it just me or was everyone waiting for that one idiot to post something like this?

SeepingSarcasm 7

Really #22, ''he should live in fear of your dissapointment''? And then what, commit suicide at the age of 21 because he failled a subject and is going to dissapoint daddy? Honestly, everybody does something stupid at some stage, granted maby not as cowboy-ish as this, but perhaps the better option is to punish him, yet still be there for him and make him learn from his mistakes?

Yes, it is up to the child, but the parent still has to provide them with knowledge and guidance so that when they DO get to the point where they're making their own decisions, they make decent ones that don't put them in danger. And at 16 you're still a teen, not fully grown, some people are still only just reaching puberty (the big bits anyways - periods and all that). So it should be mixture of teen and parental decisions.

How Is he a failed parent? If I wanted to go out and get drunk, I would. It's my choice not my parents

I think because I knew my parents had risen me well, I would disappoint them and myself if I did something I knew was wrong. I would never blame them. Also if I lived under my parents roof I would have to abide by their rules. Just because I tuned 16 didn't mean I now could do whatever I wanted to, despite being old enough to know right from wrong. Can't believe that many people need to express their opinion on my opinion. First time being grilled on the Internet, it's nuts =]

136 - I think the hope is that, if raised well, you wouldn't WANT to do that. Not to this level anyway.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I hope you have one just like him some day.

like i would be stupid enough to reproduce!

Right that's it! I'm coming to America sounds like you have awesome parties! Dayum! :D

I’m sure Nicki Minaj’s songs were on during the party. He probably heard Pound the Alarm too many times.

KiddNYC1O 20

Your pic makes me want to pound the alarm.