By and he wonders why I'm anxious - 25/02/2016 22:41 - Netherlands

Today, after years of torment by my anxiety disorders and therapy and medication not helping, I've made the decision to try hypnosis. After doing a Google search and finding out my therapist is a man, my overly jealous fiancé insisted on joining, "because he might hypnotise you into cheating." FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 194
You deserved it 2 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maybe you need to have å talk with him about his jealousy.

ananicosia 28

He sounds a little too overbearing

Comments

MrKdv 14

Maybe not the best grounds for a marrige, OP. Best of luck for the future!

I think you need to step back and evaluate your relationship. People are jealous for a reason. You should talk to him and find out why. Couples therapy may help the both of you. I hope you can get some help with your anxiety.

Oh man, I'm just gonna say it sounds like you need to do some serious thinking before marrying this guy. It's not even a matter of trust in this case but a matter of paranoia. Good luck op...

Such an overbearing partner will make overcoming anxiety very difficult. He needs to get some help too or neither of you will be happy

thenetflox 4

Yah lmfao oh you're going to a hypnosis to get help with something you've been suffering with for a while? I better go with you so you don't end up cheating on me if s/he rAPES YOU.

Jealousy and controlling behavior to this extreme degree is a red flag for relationship abuse (emotional or otherwise) down the line. Go to your session and tell your therapist. He may tell you that a lot of your anxiety is bound up in the man that won't even let you access healthcare without checking in first.

Breakup with him now. That is too much jealousy going on from him. Might also cite HIPAA to kick him out.

He's probably the reason for lots of your issues. If he can't trust you or a doctor...something is seriously wrong. You need to put your foot down or leave. That's an awful environment.

don't blame him honestly some couples have reasons to have trust issues.....