By UhOh - 08/07/2011 20:38 - United States

Today, after weeks of drinking my mom's vodka and replacing it with water, it now only tastes like water. She has a habit of drinking on Fridays. Today is Friday. My life is a ticking time bomb. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 159
You deserved it 88 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what about for the last few weeks? I thought Friday was every week...

Comments

what about for the last few weeks? I thought Friday was every week...

OP has slowly been replacing it with water. in the weeks before it's quite possible her mother couldn't taste much of a difference depending on how much OP drained and refilled. In fact, water tends to strengthen the taste of alcohol and bring out it's full flavor.

mixing vodka with water will also turn a pale gray color so it's a wonder she hasn't noticed it b4.

Yeah but there was still some vodka left

but it just now tastes like water.. lol

Simple. Tell her you replaced it with water and wanted to confront her about her problem.

Friday? Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday, everybody's looking forward to the weekend, partying, partying, yeah, partying partying, yeah; fun, fun, fun, fun, looking forward to the weekend.

damienms 0

54- Fair point. I was merely pointing out the fact that a lot of teens do drink regardless of all the warnings we're given of the effects of drinking. Of course it's a personal decision and most of us are aware of the dangers of drinking but it doesn't really stop them. I'm not saying that it's necessarily right but it's just the way it is.

lmaoatall 6

after I read half way through on this reply, I was looking forward to the end, the end, the end, the end...

Shit, replied to the wrong comment. Ignore that.

karinaprism9 4
apegirl907 0

it took you weeks to drink a bottle of vodka?

BIEBERSLAYER 10

Or she isn't lame and drinks only to get drunk. Although I do not condone what OP did, I also think it's immature to only drink in order to get drunk. I very rarely consume alcohol, but when I do it's one or two standard drinks. Obviously, it's a guess as to the age of the OP and what she did with the alcohol (drunk vs a drink).

I rarely drink beer, but when I do, it's a Dos Equis.

raney150 0

I don't get the point of drinking if you aren't going to get drunk though. it's not like most of it tastes good.

well that means that you drink cheap alcohol and do not know how to drink it. for example you probably mix cheap whisky with coke, wonder why it tastes like crap, and then keep drinking it, because you want to be the retard in the party that drank to much and now it's puking and ruining the party.

#305, because it lowers inhibition in small amounts.