By Dan1021 - 04/02/2012 19:31 - France

Today, after telling my girlfriend that I loved her, she dumped me claiming I was getting "too attached". I've already spent almost $400 on her Valentine's Day present. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 999
You deserved it 23 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Spending that much proves that you ARE too attached. Or too rich, in which case she's a fool for not hanging on :P

Aregonde 15

Depends how long he's been in the relationship. $400 is an awful lot to be spending on someone you've been seeing for less than a year.

Comments

There's some serious JERKS among the people who leave comments on this site. It's becoming worse and worse. OP, hopefully you can return it... of save it for a future girlfriend?

that's exactly what she was talking about... i would just give her a box of chocolates and a ring pop...

angeleyes22 0

whatever u bought her sell it on eBay

Here's the test: -How long have you been going out? Less than a year means you spent too much. -No mutual I-love-yous and no time spent with each other's families means you spent too much. -No planning of the future together means you spent too much. -If you're not 90% certain that she is going to give you a costly gift, then you spent too much. Some words of advice: -Making grand displays of "love" and gifts does not create a loving relationship. Common interests, common life experiences, and common goals does. -Chasing a person who is just not that into you will only make them run away. -You can choose to lavish gifts and expense on those who will not appreciate them and who will ultimately end up hurting you and making you wish you'd never spent a dime, or you can get to know *yourself* and love yourself, and see yourself as someone worth spending time and love on *without* the showy displays of excess. Good luck. Try to return the stuff. There will be more deserving Valentines in the future, OP.

o0XMzMayX0o 0

amazing comment! if I ever post a fml I want her to comment! lol I'm glad some comments to op and not to other people because of their grammar!

edaj_fml 0

You're probably sugar coating this one a little bit. I definitely know what it's like when guys get too needy, it's not fun at all.

My thoughts exactly. "We've been dating for a full month-and-a-half now, so I just thought I'd let you know you're all I have in this world and you mean so much to me" I meant so much to this guy that he cycled for 20 minutes through the snow and entered my house uninvited and without a key because he was afraid I'd died when I was late for a date. Girls, be wary of attached and needy boyfriends.

FeedtheBrood 0

jesus christ thats frightening.

WhatDidYouSay0 0

Good that the present is with you only still!!

Sucks to be you but at least you learned a valuable lesson and won't (if you learn, at least) do it again until both involved persons in the relationship are at the same level of commitment.