By Dan1021 - 04/02/2012 19:31 - France

Today, after telling my girlfriend that I loved her, she dumped me claiming I was getting "too attached". I've already spent almost $400 on her Valentine's Day present. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 000
You deserved it 23 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Spending that much proves that you ARE too attached. Or too rich, in which case she's a fool for not hanging on :P

Aregonde 15

Depends how long he's been in the relationship. $400 is an awful lot to be spending on someone you've been seeing for less than a year.

Comments

You are obviously a clingy loser. 400 is a little much for a dumb holiday.

Can you get a refund? and seriously not good to spend that much money on a gf!! also, she doesn't sound like the girl for you anyway... so, sorry.

Wow people, be nice! What's wrong with trying to do something super generous for your significant other, even if it is for Valentine's Day. If that's what they'd do for v-day, I can only imagine what they'd do for say, her birthday, or an anniversary. If my boyfriend bought me something that expensive for v-day, I'd be so touched I'd cry, and then I'd go around and brag about what a generous boyfriend I have :P As for this whole "not so much if it's less than a year" thing, I bought my boyfriend a Wii for his 20th birthday, along with two games, which, altogether with the taxes, came to around $400, and we weren't together for a year yet at that point. In all seriousness, that really sucks. I can sort of relate. The reason my ex left me was because I said I loved him, and it was only about a week before valentine's day. Though thankfully I hadn't bought anything yet.

Americunt 0

Silly perv, save the dough fo' mo'! YDI and FYL because $400 could buy a wedding ring.

lexi88 0

Well, you can't say she wasn't justified in thinking so. $400 is a bit extreme...

lexi88 0

I agree with "purplesucker". Could have been a game console

visage 0

lol, unless you live in a mansion and/or won the lottery, dumping that kind of green on Vday is retarded. It sets the bar too high or years to come. Card, candy, dinner and maybe a movie or walk on the beach. $75 later (includes your cost) and you're at home beating the back end out of it.

The other side of this FML: Today, I found out that the creepy guy who calls me his girlfriend spent $400 on my Valentine's day present. I broke up with him. He won't stop leaving me messages. FML.

dontpanic_fml 32

^Yep!! YDI man...as a girl, I've been there...