By Dan1021 - 04/02/2012 19:31 - France

Today, after telling my girlfriend that I loved her, she dumped me claiming I was getting "too attached". I've already spent almost $400 on her Valentine's Day present. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 999
You deserved it 23 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Spending that much proves that you ARE too attached. Or too rich, in which case she's a fool for not hanging on :P

Aregonde 15

Depends how long he's been in the relationship. $400 is an awful lot to be spending on someone you've been seeing for less than a year.

Comments

Shit happens. Return the present. That's what I did.

yourgenerationis_fml 0

I set up an account here SOLELY to point out how crazy most of you are. So here goes: you're all crazy. ........... Man I feel better

milf20 0
morgan020 0

sorry but as a wife and mom I'd LOVE it if my hubby would cook clean and watch the baby for a day so I could go have lunch with friends and relax rather than have him buy me an expensive piece of jewelry. but I do like it when he buys me jewelry from time to time too :) and $400 on a girl your not even in a serious relationship with is creepy.

b1a2n3a4n5a6s 0

Considering that most people are only expected to spend $103 this V-Day, OP spent way too much. A good gift to celebrate a relationship would be something with thought put into it, something that holds meaning or significance to her or him. Example: Last year my boyfriend got me a necklace in the shape of a snowflake, because he remembered a story I told him about how I used to love watching the snow fall when I was a kid. It was a PERFECT gift, and it cost no where near $400. Any retard with cash to blow can get something expensive, but the price tag doesn't make the gift more special. Expensive=/=meaningful. OP fails. Just in case someone calls me on it, check out daily finance, they've got an article with the $103 statement.

lwdjaymac 1

Unless it was an engagement ring, $400 is a ridiculous amount to spend on a Valentine's Day present. I kind of feel like you deserve it just for that.

Erindub 0

I'm just curious as to what you got her. Hopefully its returnable : )