By Anonymous - 13/03/2015 15:02 - United States

Today, after several months of eating right, exercising, and weight loss, my mother has yet again arrived at my house, unannounced and with a very sugary cake. She's been doing this most weeks since I lost 50 pounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 670
You deserved it 2 839

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Doesn't sound like your mom's being very sweet

Maybe she's saying that you need to sweeten up? Don't give her such a frosted response- appreciate her kindness, even if it's Devil's Food!

Comments

Congratulations on the weight loss! I know how hard it is to resist junk food when it is right in your face, but maybe your mother has an 'everything in moderation' mentality and is just trying to reward all your hard work and doesn't realise that the cakes are inappropriate for you at the moment....or maybe she is conniving and jealous and for some reason dislikes your weight loss. Either way, you should probably have a direct conversation with her about it!

Just because you get a cake doesn't mean you have to eat it. Maybe politely explain to her why she should stop bringing you junk food.

Well done on the weight loss! Give it to the homeless - no need for yummy food to go to waste! Keep up the good work OP :)

50 pounds! Damn, you should be proud of yourself OP! ;) Try not to care about how inconsiderate your mom is. She should be cheering for you (not with a cake though). You know her better so you probably know what her intentions are, but nevertheless stay positive and do you! I have to say it though, you probably deserve a piece of cake, you've done some hard work. ;)

Plaster a smile and say "no thank you" every time she asks you to have some. That'll make her stop and annoy her.

It's probably not something to be rude and fake a smile about.

#57 how is saying no thank you rude? And usually when people smile while saying that, it is fake because they didnt want the item in the first place. If i asked my mom not to do that and she kept doing it i would throw it away right in front of her. The mother is being rude by not supporting op's choices to get healthy.

You know how the old saying goes; "Never look a gift cake in the mouth!"

CaroAurelia 12

I could not resist that, even if I do ever reach my weight loss goal. (My inability to resist cake is probably why I haven't reached my weight loss goal.) Have you tried talking to her? If that doesn't work, my advice is to either eat a small slice to make her happy and then give the rest away to friends (no use wasting a good cake, and I think most people would enjoy a free slice of cake), or, if you can avoid eating it there (like, by saying you're not hungry or that you don't feel well), give it to a soup kitchen or food bank.

Maybe she thinks you're fine how you are and doesn't think you should diet