By Anonymous - 04/03/2014 21:06 - Norway - Nesoddtangen

Today, after nearly a month, I found out my wife isn't pregnant after all. She was just screwing around to win a bet with her friends on how long it'd take me to figure out the truth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 847
You deserved it 4 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kirrra 11

what a cruel joke, I think your wife has some growing up to do before you both have a baby for real

Comments

Got any divorce lawyer pals that could do you a solid and draft up a fake divorce paper?

carterjanelle 9

Why is everyone freaking out about this like his wife is such a terrible person? I bet he's more than happy she's really not pregnant. Now maybe if she had lied and said she had a miscarriage I would understand the outrage....

No where does he say the pregnancy is unwanted. Lots of married couples want to have kids, so you can't just assume he's happy she isn't pregnant. It's a terrible thing if you've been wanting a kid and your wife "jokes" about being pregnant. And even if he didn't really want a baby, it's still a joke of poor taste. He's probably let all his friends and family know, and has been worried about the preparations for the whole month. Having a kid is a serious thing, not something you flippantly lie about for an entire month.

Unluckymeow 9

If he's more than happy that she's not pregnant, then this wouldn't be an FML.

carterjanelle 9

FHL so being dumb and believing it

carterjanelle 9

Thanks for half an essay but it's not that serious

Sorry, didn't realize 95 words was too long for you to read.

carterjanelle 9

I think it's funny really. It just goes to show how oblivious men can be

Not all men detest children, you know. Maybe OP was really happy and excited to be having a child. This could have crushed him.

carterjanelle 9

Not "men detest children" I said "men can be oblivious". Or maybe he's upset about the fact that for a month he couldn't tell that his wife really wasn't pregnant. Who knows he didn't specify

You should play another game with her to see how long it takes her to grow up!

That's terrible! She has some growing up to do.

These sort of FMLs make me contemplate about marrying someone... XD

ouch... sorry to hear that bud. time to mess with her by telling her you're sterile

I don't normally promote domestic violence, but in this case....

I disagree with a lot of the posters, she sounds interesting and apparently a good actor. Not to mention she obviously puts out, what's her number?

"Interesting"? If she will lie about being pregnant, what else well she lie about in their marriage?

I agree with you!!! People get too butt hurt to easy. My bf would've congratulated me and taken me to my first doc apt so gig would've been up real soon. But I think people need to learn to laugh more.

squideth 18

77 you're not cute or quirky for not caring about pregnancy. It's a big ******* deal to a lot of people.