By Anonymous - 04/03/2014 21:06 - Norway - Nesoddtangen

Today, after nearly a month, I found out my wife isn't pregnant after all. She was just screwing around to win a bet with her friends on how long it'd take me to figure out the truth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 843
You deserved it 4 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kirrra 11

what a cruel joke, I think your wife has some growing up to do before you both have a baby for real

Comments

Well if she thinks that's acceptable it's probably a good thing she was faking it because she's nowhere near mature enough to be a mother.

She and her friends have a pretty warped sense of humor. Let's just hope any future (real) children don't inherit that particular trait.

I'm sure she wants to have a real baby with you. This was just a trial run to see how you might be as an expectant dad. I'm sure you passed with flying colors because you're a great person!

maybe Op was excited to have the kid in the first place.....

No shit!! That makes the joke that much more cruel.

razzledazzle21 23

That is so messed up. If I were you, I would have a hard time trusting anything she says.

pretend that you don't know, have unprotected sex and tell her that anyway she can't get pregnant twice

While it was a bad joke try to put this in the past. She was just trying to have fun with the girls, odd fun but none the less. Tell her that's not something to joke about and leave it alone. The guilt will get her and serve its own justice if you react in a mature way.

um..no. most people who play jokes like that have no sense for guilt. it wouldn't help.

doglover100 28

She has a weird sense of humour.

homesuckfucker 28

op, it sounds like you need to have a serious talk with your wife. try to make her understand the difference between a harmless joke and emotionally crushing her husband. she may have seen the whole ordeal as hilarious, but you should explain to her why it is not. when she realizes her error, move on from this and mature together before really having a child.

carterjanelle 9

I don't see anywhere in his post mentioning how terribly disappointed he was about her not really being pregnant......

45, the fact that he posted this FML shows some sort of disappointment in her. At least that's what it seems to me.

"**** my life" sounds pretty disappointed to me.