By cyn1cal99 - 19/07/2013 02:27 - United States - Derby

Today, after mowing my neighbor's lawn for 3 years for free without being asked to, he finally came out while I was in the middle of it. Expecting a "Thank you" or some cash, he instead said, "You missed a spot" and walked back inside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 555
You deserved it 16 492

cyn1cal99 tells us more.

cyn1cal99 11

Hey Guys. A lot of you have been asking why I mowed this neighbors lawn. Well, for one the person living there is an older person and while they probably could do it themselves, I don't think they should have to. My other reason for it, is that I mow the houses on the right, and left of it for pay. I find it more convenient to just mow all three of them across at once.

Top comments

Yeah, I'd stop mowing his lawn after that.

I really hope you're not continuing the free service ._.

Comments

Why the hell did you even start?... Or continue after 1 or 2 times? YDI completely.

Willibobs 33

Do you mow your neighbours lawn?

ughfmltears 12

Haha wow you shouldn't be that nice.. That's too nice and being too nice makes you "stupid" in others eyes!! I gotta say you kinda deserved it!! I mean he shouldn't of have been that rude but honestly you asked for it!! You fell right into that one.. You made it seem like you were his Bitch.. Instead is being grateful he has obviously been talking shit all this time. I wonder all the shit that he's told others!! Join me in watching my b*%|: mow my lawn I don't even gotta ask anymore!!

perdix 29

Hopefully, he was wearing nothing but a towel and continued "Over there-ere-ere-ere (spot over there)."

perdix 29

#48, it's from the song, "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne. People who got that joke are probably incapacitated by the fits of laughter it caused.

I hope you don't make the mistake of contributing to their lawn care in the future. At least not for free anymore. What an ingrate!

It's not nice of you if your neighbor hasn't given you permission to do it, it's creepy and trespassing. Maybe that was your neighbors way of asking you to stop? Some people like their yard done a certain way or enjoy mowing their grass.

If he wanted it done a certain way, I think he'd of mentioned that 3 years ago.

and you did this for 3 years? you have to much time in your hand

I heard that Americans like to sue for 'trespassing' if their neighbours set foot on their property. Be careful, or you may end up paying him for your services. Also, if he's too lazy to mow his lawn and lets it grow out too long in a closed neighbourhood, he could get fined by the neighbourhood association. If this is the case, let his grass grow out and report him and he'll end up paying a whole lot more than he would for garden services.

I agree with this statement. In my parent's neighborhood, people get fined a lot of money if they let their grass grow too long. Why not stop mowing and then let them get fined?

I'd miss the whole yard from now on. I've helped my neighbors out too but it would be the last time if they stopped appreciating it and started expecting it.

sadgirl1001 4

I wouldn't still be expecting to get paid if its been three years...

"No I did not, that's my spot" This is the part where you now explain to your neighbor in Sheldon's words as to why that is your spot and confuse the hell out of him while going back to your grass cutting on his lawn.