By cyn1cal99 - 19/07/2013 02:27 - United States - Derby

Today, after mowing my neighbor's lawn for 3 years for free without being asked to, he finally came out while I was in the middle of it. Expecting a "Thank you" or some cash, he instead said, "You missed a spot" and walked back inside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 555
You deserved it 16 492

cyn1cal99 tells us more.

cyn1cal99 11

Hey Guys. A lot of you have been asking why I mowed this neighbors lawn. Well, for one the person living there is an older person and while they probably could do it themselves, I don't think they should have to. My other reason for it, is that I mow the houses on the right, and left of it for pay. I find it more convenient to just mow all three of them across at once.

Top comments

Yeah, I'd stop mowing his lawn after that.

I really hope you're not continuing the free service ._.

Comments

Willibobs 33

I don't get it. Why would you decide to mow his lawn for 3 years without it even being mentioned? I mean, once or twice sure, but 3 years? If you'd never received gratitude before why expect it now?

Agreed 13. What was OP hoping to get out of it? It's been 3 years and nothing in return? **** that shit. Should of been gone long time ago.

Helldemon 32

I don't think they were expecting to get anything out of it. Since the neighbor came out though most people would have probably thought the same as the OP, that they would at least get a thank you instead of the neighbor being a jackass. I hope they don't continue to mow his lawn.

Why r u doing his lawn? Props to you for being such a great neighbor, but don't let them treat you like that OP! You deserve better!

Why the hell are you mowing his lawn in the first place? And why would you mow his lawn without him asking you?

RedPillSucks 31

Some people do things to be nice. This must be a strange concept in todays society.

Agreed. Being nice is a strange concept in today's society. But some random guy just showing up and mowing your lawn for three years - even though I commend OP's consideration for his neighbours and the elderly in general - is even more strange.

Are you that kind of neighbour who thinks it's embarrassing that your neighbour's lawn is a few cm higher than the common standard for your street or something? Your neighbour might have taken the lawnmowing as a some crazy reprimande, rather than kindness. But didn't care, because this way he never has to mow his lawn...

My mom lives in a gated community that gets mad at people for not mowing their yard. You'll get a snippy letter in your mailbox if you don't. I think it's weird because it's not even the nicer gated community in town. Though, I have caught my mom making comments about people's grass getting high.

Well if you spent three years doing it without any type if gratitude, what would you expect? I would have left him to do his own lawn a looooooooong time ago.

Don't do it again, simple answer for complete lack of gratitude and courtesy.

Well, you entered their property without asking for permission or being told to do so, for 3 years. It's kind of creepy, actually.