By cyn1cal99 - 19/07/2013 02:27 - United States - Derby

Today, after mowing my neighbor's lawn for 3 years for free without being asked to, he finally came out while I was in the middle of it. Expecting a "Thank you" or some cash, he instead said, "You missed a spot" and walked back inside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 555
You deserved it 16 492

cyn1cal99 tells us more.

cyn1cal99 11

Hey Guys. A lot of you have been asking why I mowed this neighbors lawn. Well, for one the person living there is an older person and while they probably could do it themselves, I don't think they should have to. My other reason for it, is that I mow the houses on the right, and left of it for pay. I find it more convenient to just mow all three of them across at once.

Top comments

Yeah, I'd stop mowing his lawn after that.

I really hope you're not continuing the free service ._.

Comments

I see people claiming that the neighbor in the story is "ungrateful", and "a terrible person", but the fact of the matter is that he doesn't have to be grateful. The neighbor never asked him to do it, and by extension, never expressed his consent, although his consent may be implied in this case because the neighbor mentioned that he missed a spot. The OP has basically been trespassing on his neighbor's property over the last 3 years. No one should expect gratitude for trespassing. Also, it is worth mentioning that a truly charitable person expects neither recognition nor reward. Doing a good deed with the expectation of adulation or reward is really more about doing something for yourself than for someone else. By his own admission the OP was expecting to be praised or rewarded.

If he never asked you why would you do it at all? Let alone continue doing it for three years without even a thank you?

That'd be the last time I mowed his lawn lol

Why would you now someone's yard for them for free for 3 years!???

I think it was awesome of you but I think it's time to stop

skyeyez9 24

Why did you mow his lawn for 3yrs? Also, please update us and let us know you stopped providing free lawn services to that douchebag neighbor.

MermaidAnnariea 10

yeah, you shouldn't ever do another damn thing for that guy.

cyn1cal99 11

Hey Guys. A lot of you have been asking why I mowed this neighbors lawn. Well, for one the person living there is an older person and while they probably could do it themselves, I don't think they should have to. My other reason for it, is that I mow the houses on the right, and left of it for pay. I find it more convenient to just mow all three of them across at once.

it's not that you did it for free or without being asked. the problem is that you did it WITHOUT ASKING.

I certainly hope you did not continue to mow it despite extra effort in having to mow around.

#125 yeah because OMFG, god forbid that my elderly neighbor doesn't have to go outside and do their own chores. I can't even believe I was so disrespectful. (IDIOT!)