By Anonymous - 04/12/2013 16:24 - United States - Cleveland

Today, I went to a wake. When my dad picked me up, I was still pretty upset. Just when I'd had enough of death, the car hits a raccoon on the way home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 352
You deserved it 4 914

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A wake is a gathering some cultures have each night between the death of a person and their funeral. It's where family and friends visit the bereaved to support and assist for funeral preparations.

Comments

I'm going to have people rage at me but- It's just a damn raccoon.

MichellinMan 20

36- regardless, I'm sure the sight of a pancake raccoon isn't pleasant, which obviously made OP feel worse.

Agree with you #36. First world problems FTW

Sounds like your day coon't have gotten much worse!

One of these again? Anyway it's ok op remember the past and look to the future.

Please don't badger me for my efforts, with unpheasant comments about roadkill. You will be outfoxed.

StompinOnCrayons 15

Guess there's no more racoon-a matata

pardon my stupidity but what is a wake?

A wake is a gathering some cultures have each night between the death of a person and their funeral. It's where family and friends visit the bereaved to support and assist for funeral preparations.

rdenkewicz 11

You are not pardoned. This site is for ridiculing stupidity!

Well it's a good thing you don't know what it is, you probably haven't had much deaths in your family.

RedPillSucks 31

How is this stupidity? Even if you look at dictionary.com, it's not the first definition there. Granted, you'll find it eventually if you read all the definitions. Just because someone's not familiar with english doesn't mean they're stupid.

56- I assumed the worst to avoid ridicule

56- I am fluent in English and I still didn't know what it was.

A wake, at least in Australia, is a gathering held after the funeral. The funeral is the time for mourning, the wake is the time to share memories and celebrate the deceased's life over some food and drinks.

incoherentrmblr 21

If you've ever opened a beer during a eulogy...

shyeahh_fml 19

Well, you know what they say... All raccoons go to heaven!

I hope you feel better OP but death is part of the cycle of life.

ninjuh_wingman 29

Unless you're Nicholas Cage since he's a vampire.

Sorry that you're going through a tough time OP but things will get better over time :)

Poor raccoon. Fyl op I know how you feel.

It's the circle of life death happens but so does life

And now that song is stuck in my head...