By Anonymous - 28/01/2014 19:43 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, after months of random vomiting with no apparent cause, I finally got some tests done. The doctor says there's nothing wrong with me and that it's all just in my head. Great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 707
You deserved it 4 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

onealmxwilson 18

You should have vomited in his office and then asked if that was in your head too.

toowie_fml 20

I was doing that for awhile, later I came to realize that it was because I was stressed about something that I kept denying.

Comments

I'm so sorry, I know how terrible that can be. If they checked everything and nothing is wrong, there's a real disorder called Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, I have it, it's horrible but there's no way to test for it, only rule everything else out. Find a better Dr., mention it to him, he may actually have to look it up and see if you fit. I've been hospitalized for it quite a few times. I've seen several doctors for it, they can give you anti-nauseates for it, but it may actually be starting in your head too and then they can give you anti-anxiety meds too. That's my case, it's brought on by stress... haven't thrown up since I got fired for it. Also, there are websites and support groups for it. Also, when you have an episode, the BRAT diet is the best way to try eating again. Feel better my friend! I feel your pain

I have something similar but thankfully my doctors were a little more supportive. I recommend getting a biopsy of your stomach lining. It can be bacteria in the lining that can cause it.

Couldn't agree with this more, I've had to push for years for appropriate treatment for some of my health issues, I've also now got the 3rd GP I've seen taking me seriously about symptoms which have been worsening for years. Sadly not all doctors care and some consider it easier to put it down to you, rather than doing a thing beyond the basic set of tests. Those standard tests are a start but they're far from conclusive on everything, they're really designed to just rule out the most common issues. Hope you get some answers.

Seek a second opinion AND look at your mental health. As others have said, stress can do horrific things to a body, but sadly "it's all in your head" is often a crap response doctors give when they can't find the answer. Are you a woman, OP? Women get it a lot more than men. My great grandmother was told for years that her stomach pains were "all in her head" till one day she went to the hospital they were so bad. The doctors there found she had stomach cancer and it had progressed so long (thanks to Dr. It's All In Your Head) there was nothing to do for her, but give her pain medication and send her home. Take your health seriously, seek a new doctor, examine your stress levels, and remember, "It's all in your head" isn't a diagnosis, it's a cop out.

Definitely get a second opinion. My wife was diagnosed with bronchitis... Nine months later, she died from lung cancer!

it might be lyme disease.. same thing happened with me..

ducky45 20

Poor op. I had that once and it was caused by my diet and that I was actually intolerant . Try and write a timetable of what you ate when you feel like you're about to vomit to see a pattern. Good luck!

skittyskatbrat 19

Okay, your doctor sucks. I spent 1 1/2 months throwing up, first every few days, then after every meal. Doctor said it was stress. It's not "all in your head" it's also "all in your adrenal glands". Your doctor SHOULD have prescribed you something to settle your stomach and either a tranquilizer, sleeping pill, or anti-anxiety medication. Generally, once you have a week of having the adrenal gland and stress response turned off, you are fine. Your body just has to reset. Throwing up is NOT a minor problem. It damages teeth, damages the esophagus, and can cause permanent problems. Your doctor blew this off rather than treating it? What. A. Dumbass.

Go see another doctor. Something similar happened to my girlfriend and it took a different doctor plus a specialist to find what was wrong

i used to vomit after coffee in the morning, then even when i didnt drink coffee, then it went away... went on for 2 years i prolly should of gone to a dr

buttcramp 21

or just get a second opinion from another family doctor?