By Anonymous - 06/12/2011 00:11 - United States

Today, after having spent days working on it, I finished off a really elaborate seasonal greetings card for my boss. When I gave it to him, he took one look at it, flicked it in his trash can and said, "Fuck off, Steve." So much for a Christmas bonus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 533
You deserved it 19 055

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe if you put on a little more glitter...

I find it funny his fml name is anonymous. I know his true identity....STEVE. -dramatic chipmunk stare-

Comments

free2speak 14

I guess I'm playing the devil's advocate here but shouldn't the bonus be dependent on OP's worthiness as a employee and not on his ability to make "elaborate christmas card." It is not fair to other employees. But I agree that it wa a dick move by the boss to toss the card. I had a HS teacher once who had a strict no gifts policy because she said that even unconsciousnesly she does not want to favor one student over other. made sense. I give my teachers gifts all the time for Christmas but it's right after they turn in our final grade. To me, it's a goodwill gesture because that's how my patents taught me but I can understand OP's boss's action. Especially if OP was slacking at work and then decided to give a card to make up for it. *shrugs*

you know, this means your boss is a dick and you should change your job maybe???

You should have just bought a Hallmark card.

That's some ignorant ass, douche bag bullshit. If start looking for another job. Ya know, one where your boss respects you as an employee and you don't have to kiss ass for a christmas bonus.

hateevryone 14

you shouldn't have gave that asshole anything.

The modern day Scrooge! Haha but that does suck, at least you tried

Shouldn't brown nose guy. Am I the online one that believes hard work pays of.

bingababe 16

I dunno about the online one, but you're definitely not the only one! I agree completely!!!

Maybe instead of using your time to make things like that, you should be doing your job and that will make him happier in the long run:)