By Anonymous - 02/08/2009 21:20 - Canada

Today, a moth was flying around my house. Annoyed, I picked up a shoe to crush it with. The moth landed on a light fixture on the ceiling, so I made my move. Dead, the moth slipped gracefully through air and onto my head. So did the light fixture. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 820
You deserved it 51 975

Same thing different taste

Top comments

triplethreat13 0

haha i love how you worded the FML. quite humorous.

Imawhalerider 0

Comments

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? You aren't the brightest light in the store either.

CourtneyDanielle_fml 9

dead moth/light - 1 you - 0

Now would you like it if you were standing on a hanging light and a moth hit you with a shoe? I didn't think so.

I realize that moths aren't exactly cute and cuddly like, say, kittens are. But I don't understand people who seem to want to kill moths. Really, catch it, put it outside. It's not going to bite or attack you, and all it wants to do is live a peaceful existence fluttering around and stuff. Shame the entire light didn't come down on your callous and idiotic head.

#43, it's too bad they eat your clothes. And they unnerve many people. Also, it's very hard catching them. Finally, you don't want to hurt a moth, but you're ok with a person getting seriously injured? Hypocrites like you annoy me.

waterynuggets 0

Wat. If moth is in my house, it's dead. It should gtfo then if it wants such a peaceful life. LOLZ

Actually, I am perfectly okay with a person getting seriously injured over an animal. I hate people. And I've never killed a bug on purpose and I freak out if I do.

cosmolilly 0

People who are afraid of bugs are stupid. People who can't catch moths are stupid. And people who hit lamps with shoes are stupid. That is why we'd rather she get hurt than the moth.

#53- when the bug-apocalypse comes, I'll watch out for you #59- people, in general, are stupid. so are bugs.

I agree zoolander, even though I think the OP should have just left it alone. I had a "pet" moth in my room. He died. Then, a smaller one that looked sort of like him came about. I call him Junior. Neither of them have ate anything... moths are pretty dopey anyway, so it's not like they last too long. But yeah, god damned hypocrites.

At least it wasnt at your friends house or something!

And you know what, everyone? Stop complaining about how cruel OP was for torturing an innocent moth when OP could have just put it outside. Sure, OP could have done that; but Im sure that all of you have killed countless bugs, including moths, in your lifetime...

Escapist28 0

I don't think anyone's accused the OP of being cruel or torturing the moth. Most people are saying that you shouldn't hit light fixtures with shoes (solid advice, by the way), or that it's not much more effort to put a glass or jar over the moth, walk it to the door and let it go outside. And that way there isn't a mess where you squished it. I'd recommend that next time, OP. The little thing was just looking for a place to go, not trying to annoy you =) I did enjoy the imagery, though.

I moderated this. ;P Hope you're okay...

ayylash 0

The light fixture slipped gracefully through the air? I find that difficult to believe. Therefore, I call BS.