By haleymcaldwell - 12/11/2013 18:43 - United States - Phoenix

Today, a girl came up and hugged me. At first I was frightened, but then I asked who she was. Turns out she was the kid I babysat for 3 years. She cried when she realized I didn't remember her, then threw gravel in my face and ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 274
You deserved it 15 994

haleymcaldwell tells us more.

I babysat for her when she was 3-6 and it's been a long time, years. She looks incredibly different. She used to be blonde, for instance, and now has dark brown hair.

Top comments

You get scared when random girls come up and hug you? That is distinctly different from my reaction, which is somewhat more . . . mature.

Hm, after reading this back, it could be construed as incredibly creepy. I had it in my head that OP and the girl are adults now.

Comments

msmedieval 11

Don't feel bad OP, people's appearances change when they grow up. If you still feel guilty try to find her & apologize. Explain that you didn't recognize her cause she looks different now. She obviously thought the world of you when she was younger.

That's when you break out with, "Oh my gosh! You've grown up so much! You look lovely!"

Bagman2014 8

i understand that you were possibly surprised with her reaction. BUT, you obviously mean alot to her, and given that you babysat her for three years, you would know where she lives? Maybe track her down and say your sorry? You may mean more to her than you know!

Awwwwwwww that's so sweet...well the first part anyway :s

No one else here seems to think her throwing gravel in the OP's face was a really rotten thing to do. :/

And thats when you say "Oh my goodness, look how you've grown. I cant believe its you" and make her feel good

So you're 16, you babysat this girl for 3 years, it doesn't seem like too much time had past, but you didn't remember her? I'd be upset too.