By haleymcaldwell - 12/11/2013 18:43 - United States - Phoenix

Today, a girl came up and hugged me. At first I was frightened, but then I asked who she was. Turns out she was the kid I babysat for 3 years. She cried when she realized I didn't remember her, then threw gravel in my face and ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 274
You deserved it 15 994

haleymcaldwell tells us more.

I babysat for her when she was 3-6 and it's been a long time, years. She looks incredibly different. She used to be blonde, for instance, and now has dark brown hair.

Top comments

You get scared when random girls come up and hug you? That is distinctly different from my reaction, which is somewhat more . . . mature.

Hm, after reading this back, it could be construed as incredibly creepy. I had it in my head that OP and the girl are adults now.

Comments

perdix 29

Well, now you'll remember her! No more gravel from this one. How many other kids did you sit for? If it's a lot, I suggest you don't hang out at an acid factory.

I would have a bit of a different reaction if some random girl hugged me…

Terri_Dactal 13

She must have loved op as a baby sitter. And then you crushed her.

I feel so bad for her, I wouldn't throw gravel in your face but I'd still be hurt a little

I babysat for her when she was 3-6 and it's been a long time, years. She looks incredibly different. She used to be blonde, for instance, and now has dark brown hair.

addioty 19

Hey OP :) And yeah, that's normal. People age and it would be extremely hard to recognize someone you babysat when they were three. How old is she now?

Zimmington 21

It's kind of understandable because some people I went to grade school with don't recognize me now.

Well this is a very disappointing denouement.

I get how the child would be sad you didn't recognize her, but her reaction was wrong. It is okay, sometimes kids grow up looking very different

JMichael 25

This has happened to me as well. A girl I was best friends with when I was 6 moved away and I hadn't seen her since then. Recently she moved back closer to town and came for a visit to my parents house. I didn't even recognize her. She's so different now. Gorgeous even. Then there's fugly me. Haha

Her reaction was way out of hand. My dad's youngest brother was recently promoted to police chief and he had a party (my dad is one out of nine kids). I've met his wife's family (my aunt is one of thirteen kids) in the past and it's been a while since I've seen them. They asked me "who's kid are you?" and I told them who my dad was. They responded "you've changed a lot." I didn't really mind since i recently dyed my hair and I've grown up quite a bit since they last saw me.

This whole fml doesn't really make that much sense after clicking on your profile. According to your profile, you are only 16 years old. Let's say that "long time" was 4 years ago then you would have been 12 years old. Do 12 year olds actually have baby sitting gigs? And do 7-11 year old actually dye their hair? I'm no trying to debunk you fml but an explanation would be nice .

But how old is she? You seem pretty young yourself, she must be a kid?

strawberrywine22 30

#68, I started babysitting when I was 11.

And her hair could've have gotten darker naturally, that happens a lot, my sister had light blonde hair and now has dark brown too

#69, exactly what I was thinking. OP is only 16. By years, she probably means 2.

actually my sisters hair was blonde when younger and while she got older it got darker, i know a few more people who has this as well. point is she did not nesesary dye it

Your hair rarely lightens with age. Typically it would get darker. I also started babysitting when I was 12. One of the girls I babysat works at the same restaurant I work at. (Yes I am 21 and work at a restaurant.) She made a point every time she saw me to remind me and ask if I remembered her and her sisters. Luckily they all look the same!

Can't really blame you then, it has happened to me too. Except the fact that it was my best friend 10 years ago... :p

Steve95401 49

It sounds like she still needs a babysitter.

bobo_the_bear 5

Damn, that little girl fights dirty. It is a good thing there weren't any folding chairs around or you would have got one upside the head.