By haleymcaldwell - 12/11/2013 18:43 - United States - Phoenix

Today, a girl came up and hugged me. At first I was frightened, but then I asked who she was. Turns out she was the kid I babysat for 3 years. She cried when she realized I didn't remember her, then threw gravel in my face and ran away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 274
You deserved it 15 994

haleymcaldwell tells us more.

I babysat for her when she was 3-6 and it's been a long time, years. She looks incredibly different. She used to be blonde, for instance, and now has dark brown hair.

Top comments

You get scared when random girls come up and hug you? That is distinctly different from my reaction, which is somewhat more . . . mature.

Hm, after reading this back, it could be construed as incredibly creepy. I had it in my head that OP and the girl are adults now.

Comments

How many years passed since you were the babysitter? That would make a difference.

You didn't remember who you babysat ? You should be a good babysitter and make amends. It's been only 3 years.

you misread. op babysat her for 3 years. Op didn't mention how long ago this was. It could have been 10 years ago for all we know

very funny :) i ran up to a childhood friend of mine that i hadn't seen for at least 10 years. He wouldn't believe it wasn't a prank until I "proved it." He almost died of fright when I told him that he had pet cockroaches. Not the reunion i was expecting....

I hadn't seen my friend's daughter in almost 3 years and totally didn't recognize her. Kids can change a LOT in a short span of time.

It would scare me if anyone I didn't know came up and hugged me. My personal space is at least the size of a small living room.

You could have said you didn't recognize her because she had grown from a child into a beautiful young woman and that's why you didn't recognize her.

jokes on her if she does it enough times she'll get fined like a billion times for faking an emergency

SystemofaBlink41 27

What's interesting, though, is the gravel in the face... Next time someone doesn't recognize me I'm going to react the same way.

How you forget someone you watched over 3 years? O.o Poor girl and FYL OP

Not ur fault completely. I tend to forget ppl too sometimes it just doesn't strike ur head. She s still a kid for the way she reacted. chill