Timing

By embarrassed - 01/06/2009 20:11 - United States

Spicy
Today, I went to my doctor to get the morning after pill. I explained to her that the condom broke and I was nervous. She simply asked me, "When?" so I replied "Towards the end." I didn't realize she was actually asking what day this happened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 621
You deserved it 65 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah even I didn't understand what she meant by that. FHL for not being clear enough. Nah, no one's life is ****** in this situation..

how is your life f'd? Seriously, just mentioning that you had sex and the condom broke is more of a FYL than is getting confused by the doctor's question. O.o

Comments

Eh not that bad.. I remember when I was asked when my birthday was and said every year.. Not that bad TBH

This is not really an FML. come on. also, why did you go to a Doctor? You can go to a pharmacy and just buy it. (unless you're under 18, which maybe you are...)

i'm sure that doctor has heard worse things. no worries.

palmtrees 1

#83 (kelbel22) - Yes, it does make sense because pregnancy is NOT instantaneous. The sperm have to actually get to an egg in order for conception to occur, not just touch the inside of your body. Therefore, although the efficacy of the pill goes down the longer you wait to take it, it is possible that it can prevent conception as late as 72 hours after you've had unprotected sex.

how is this an FML? none of the new ones are funny any more /: such a disappointment.

Kitty34_fml 0

This isn't an FML. Just a little mistake in conversation. Don't worry - I think you'll survive.

http://www.marie-gets-deflowered.com/?id=18d0f00e don't worry about it man

tash14 1

To the people comparing the morning after pill to abortion, you are WRONG. Have you ever taken a basic anatomy class? The morning after pill works prior to fertilization. Meaning that even in the most conservative of viewpoints, which is generally the belief that it is a baby as soon as the egg and sperm unite, it is still not a baby. If there is fertilization, it does not work, and fertilization does not happen right away (which is why you have to get the morning after pill within a certain number of days, I believe it is 3). Meaning: not an abortion. Pretty much the only way you could be against that is if you're anti-birth control entirely like some Catholics and other groups.