Thanks, I hate it

By Etown - 12/08/2018 06:00 - United States - Evansville

Today, a friend texted me to get a ticket and go to a theme park with her tomorrow. I bought a ticket and didn't hear from her until 5 hours later to say she was sorry, but she doesn't think she'll be going. It was $65 and non refundable. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 865
You deserved it 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saffy66 34

Can you no longer buy tickets at the gate? I would never buy tickets to an event in advance unless it was my idea and I was happy to go alone. Since this event no doubt happened some days ago, at least, it's probably a bit late to say, she may have been getting you out of the way, for some reason of her own.

Comments

saffy66 34

Can you no longer buy tickets at the gate? I would never buy tickets to an event in advance unless it was my idea and I was happy to go alone. Since this event no doubt happened some days ago, at least, it's probably a bit late to say, she may have been getting you out of the way, for some reason of her own.

Some theme parks/zoos give you a discount for purchasing online/in store rather than at gate. OP probably wanted to be ready to go the next morning! I agree with others that you should ask your friend to front the tickets and then you'll pay them, but even then friends have taken advantage of others doing this too! Win some, lose some. Could always try to sell at the gate!

Only today life lessons "Don't buy tickets for others" on special offer: theme parks $65, airplane $199, round trip with hotel $550! Don't miss!

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Well your friend owes you 65 bucks...

Never, EVER get a ticket like that unless it’s guaranteed.

Go with someone else, or alone. Unless it’s a horrible theme park, there will be many other people there and you’ll forget your flaky friend.

WeirdUS 29

Generally tickets are cheaper online and waiting at the gate can take a while at a lot of theme parks. Your friend owes you the 65, but she might not feel she does if it was a family emergency or something similar. If she does have a habbit of canceling last min to hang out and things like that previously the writing was on the wall.

High end ones? Disneyland? Maybe an all inclusive one for special events?

I always make plans ahead of time and not last minute so that they know they will be free.

and then you went and had a fun time and got to have an awesome day? because that's what I would do (other than pretending to be a ride inspector and freak out the people in line or even employees)