Timing

By embarrassed - 01/06/2009 20:11 - United States

Spicy
Today, I went to my doctor to get the morning after pill. I explained to her that the condom broke and I was nervous. She simply asked me, "When?" so I replied "Towards the end." I didn't realize she was actually asking what day this happened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 621
You deserved it 65 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah even I didn't understand what she meant by that. FHL for not being clear enough. Nah, no one's life is ****** in this situation..

how is your life f'd? Seriously, just mentioning that you had sex and the condom broke is more of a FYL than is getting confused by the doctor's question. O.o

Comments

kelbel22 0

im pretty sure the morning after pill works up to 72 hours after youve had sex so to all you guys who said if your pregnant then it doesnt work....WOULDNT MAKE SENSE....

jb21 0

wow...how did this make it on the FML site? random.

#34, surely you mean after the ZYGOTE has formed. Also, this fml isn't funny or embarrassing. It blows hard, like the OP was last night.

#33 no, i meant it works if you use if within 72 hours. obviously after that it's too late

oh come on! thats not even that bad. *rolls eyes*

and #80 if it's still early enough to take the morning after pill it's not a kid yet

xNatsuki 0

This is stupid. Not an FML. You should be more concerned that you might be pregnant. Plan B is a morning after pill that works up to 72 hours after sexual intercourse. You can purchase the pill for $10-70 over the counter if you're at least 18, actually a New York Federal District Judge lowered the age to 17. It isn't an abortion pill, if you are already pregnant prior to taking the pill then you're already pregnant. The only way to find out if Plan B worked or not is to wait till your next period or take a pregnancy test later on. It only tries to prevent the pregnancy.

86 - the whole reason it works for up to 72 hours after you have sex is because that is how long sperm can live....and no if you got pregnant in the first 30 minutes after you had sex then it won't do you any good. It prevents conception not pregnancy. So that is why ovulation tests give you the best 2-3 days to get pregnant, why the doctors tell you the best few days per month to have sex. Really....it's not like it's instaneous. People's lack of education/knowledge about conception is frightening. No wonder unwanted/unplanned pregnancy is on the rise! Oh and no I'm not a religous zealot and no I don't think she's going to hell for using the morning affter pill and no I'm not "not getting any" so save your stupid comments for yourself.

CatieBabey 0

I hate all the people who say that the morning after pill is just like abortion. It's not. It doesn't do anything if an embryo is already forming. I heard some guy on the radio today say that women who are on the pill or take plan B are murderers because they stop potential children from ever getting the chance to be born. I'm sick of everyone ragging on the woman. Here's my thing: if a man jacks off he's not called a murderer. But if he's ejaculating and his sperm aren't seeking an egg to fertilize, isn't he preventing potential children from ever getting the chance to be born? but it's all in fault of women. of course.

I totally agree that it's unfair. The people who trash on girls have probably never had a situation where they're just not ready, and don't realize how terrifying that can be. On the other hand don't girls have a limited supply, or is that just limited time? Guys never stop producing sperm unless there's something wrong.

#94 shannonlauck you religous zealot, you're such an idiot for thinking she's going to hell for taking the morning after pill don't be bitter just because you're not getting any