This ain't working out

By just a reaction - 17/08/2020 23:09

Today, my boyfriend and I got into a heated argument. He raised his hand like he was going to hit me. Having been hit by my ex before, I panicked and instinctively kicked his legs out from under him. He then dumped me because he said he was just gonna scare me, but I used real violence on him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 005
You deserved it 328

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he knew what you went through and still did this, he deserved it and more.

He should have not tried to scare you with violence on the first place though.

Comments

If he knew what you went through and still did this, he deserved it and more.

Even if he didn't know he still had no right to be psychologically abusive like that

He should have not tried to scare you with violence on the first place though.

Just the threat of violence is a crime. No way I"d say in a relationship with someone who tried that.

YDI. You deserve a shitty boyfriend, who would play mind tricks like ‘pretending to hit you’ during an argument, to take himself out of your life; because you deserve better.

you had us in the first half not gonna lie

What he did was unacceptable and deserved what you did to him. What he did was a form of abuse and you should be glad he's out of your life!

doomsdayaddams 6

You do not need a boyfriend who tries to scare you, either. You’re better off without this loser.

genuinegoodguy 9

Well done you! And good result too.

let him dump you. raising his hand even "trying to scare you" is unacceptable behavior and you deserve better. I'm proud of you for defending yourself!

‘Pretending’ to hit someone to intimidate them is disgusting. Him breaking up with you is a blessing in disguise.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Raising a hand to “scare you” is still abusive.