The usual?

By Cian_1 - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom - Herne Bay

Today, it has got to the point that I don't even have to ask for my booze in the local off-licence, they just hand me my bottle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 615
You deserved it 6 846

Same thing different taste

Top comments

there was one case where an old lady would order the same pizza everyday for three years without fail to the point where they would cook it before she even phoned. One day when she didn't call the driver went to her house to check on her and found she suffered a stroke. moral of the story: your alcoholism could one day save your life!

Now might be a time to get some help bud....

Comments

WPL 10

As someone who has alcoholic family members please please get help while you can. Please. There's different kinds of alcoholics but when it becomes regular or a reaction then it's a problem. your life is not worth any drink. your family and those close to you don't want to see you sick or worse.

ezrajab 22

That's a problem maybe a therapist and or support group op best of luck!

Am I the only one wondering what "off license" means?

You might be the only one too lazy to google it.

Me too. I'm guessing it's an American thing. I was wrong, it's a UK/AUS/NZ thing. It means they can sell alcohol for off premise, instead of alcohol to be consumed on premise (like a bar). Thank you Google.

To everyone assuming OP is an alcoholic: I go to my local liquor store's drive thru every other Saturday and order the same fifth of vodka, not a well known brand, and two liter of soda. The clerks know me and know what I want and get it without asking. I then go and play my regular card game and share the vodka with 7 other people over the course of 4 hours. Does that make me an alcoholic? No, not at all. Hell, last Saturday we only used half the bottle. Now, the fact OP seems concerned might be of concern, or it could be an odd, yet regular order. I grew up with alcoholic parents, and alcoholism sucks, but that might not be the case.

The first step is admitting the problem

Maybe u need to go to an AA meeting. Alcoholism is a serious problem and disease

It's either a problem, or really fucken good customer service.

I've been there op. It takes a lot of willpower to break the cycle but you can do it. Seems to get easier as time passes. For me at least

Not sure why everyone is saying he's an alcoholic as it didn't say he went every day. Food service workers recognize regulars after just a handful of visits. Even if that guy came in once a month, as long as it was the same employee working, they'd know his order.