Office embarrassment

By mog - 07/11/2019 08:00 - United States

Today, the girl who works at the liquor store came to where I work. She recognized me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 429
You deserved it 874

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Took me a moment to get it, but OP must be buying a lot of booze if the clerk recognizes him away from the store. Might be time to check into AA if that's the case.

Not really. If I get a customer at my store at regular intervals I'm going to recognize them.

It sucks being judged; judge not lest yee be judged. F* 'em, don't judge me... but if you're now aware of how frequently your drinking it may be time to slow down...Shame and embarrassment are sure signs that your aware of your "wrongdoing" on some level.

She wasnt the one judging him though (at least not out loud), he was judging himself. I agree with you about the embarrassment, if just seeing the liquor store clerk sends you into a panic either stip\cut down on to drinking ..... or alternate liquor stores 😁

As a girl who works in a liquor store, we honestly don't give a shit..

And? If you're a fairly regular customer, the staff will recognize you. I only visit the convenience store by my house once a week, but most of the regular staff know me and my usual. Hell, I've been recognized while going through the drive-though at my local coffee shop, and the owner asked me some questions about rentals at my job.

You don't have enough information here for us to make a YDI or a FML judgement. For about five years I ordered a pizza from the same place every week because I hated doing anything on my days off work. House cleaning, cooking and all that happened on workdays. I got to be so well known that the manager started throwing freebies my way. One time I realized I couldn't afford the soda I usually ordered with my pizza so I ordered and he had one sent along anyway on him. No shame in being a regular and many people who work in customer facing jobs have a great eye for faces.

If you go there often enough to be embarrassed about being recognized, it might me time to consider seeking help. If you don't have a problem: Who cares if you're recognized? You but there, she works there and sells you stuff. And if you care about her opinion of you, don't forget she also works at a liquor store.

And? ppl probably going to think you came there a lot for junk food or something else. Not just liquor.

kindameanalwaysfun 7

unless your trips in are on the way to the office they should mind their business. I cash my checks at the liquor store, get cigarettes and snacks art the liquorstore and get my beer from the liquor store because I don't like Wal-Mart.

manb91gb 15

"Oh Noe! Now all my colleagues know I DRINK! Whatever am I to do!?" If that's the definition of your life being ****** I'd say you're either really lucky or really boring... Maybe even both

Nhayaa 21

So? Does it mean that you drink too much or that she's a good physiognomist? But the real question is : why has this FML been published in the first place? 🤔