The irony stings

By Anonymous - 08/05/2009 02:07 - United States

Today, I was driving home, it was 80 degrees out. Making a rare attempt to be eco-friendly, I turned off the A/C and lowered the windows. A bee then flew in through the window, hit my cheek, and stung me. That's what I get for attempting to be eco-friendly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 051
You deserved it 11 319

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, my friend and I were out looking for nectar, when a gigantic beast rumbles by and sucks my friend into its gaping jaws. He hits some flesh inside the mouth, and sacrifices himself for the hive by stinging the horrid beast. FML

Ironically, at that speed, it's better for the environment to roll up your windows and use the AC. Opening the windows creates enough drag to worsen the MPG.

Comments

since when is rolling the window down in your car eco-friendly?

SurpriseButtseks 0

That's a big **** You from Mother Nature right there. Actually though, windows down DOES get you better MPG than AC. They tested it on Myth Busters.

actually 87, mythbusters found that having AC has NO effect on MPG but yeah what #4 said

rsammas 0

its only eco-friendly if you're driving under 40 mph because of the aerodynamics of cars (the speed will vary slightly for each car but you get my point)

Rubiks_Dude 0

Your alternator powers everything electrical in your car. THe alternator is always generating power as long as your car is on. You arent wasting electricity by using your AC when your car is running since electricity is always being generated by th engine running. Infact, not using that generated electricty is like wasting it.

camper659 0

you deserved it for killing the honey bee! they are endangered, and Albert Einstein predicted that the human race wouldn't live 30 years after the honey bee goes extinct. So stop killing all the honey bee's unless you want to die!

Anybody who is trying to say that A/C is worse for your MPG you're wrong completely. They even tested this on myth busters. If you drive with the windows open, it creates more drag to lower the MPG. You're better off with the windows completely closed and the A/C on full blast. If you're just going for saving gas that is...