The irony stings

By Anonymous - 08/05/2009 02:07 - United States

Today, I was driving home, it was 80 degrees out. Making a rare attempt to be eco-friendly, I turned off the A/C and lowered the windows. A bee then flew in through the window, hit my cheek, and stung me. That's what I get for attempting to be eco-friendly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 051
You deserved it 11 319

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, my friend and I were out looking for nectar, when a gigantic beast rumbles by and sucks my friend into its gaping jaws. He hits some flesh inside the mouth, and sacrifices himself for the hive by stinging the horrid beast. FML

Ironically, at that speed, it's better for the environment to roll up your windows and use the AC. Opening the windows creates enough drag to worsen the MPG.

Comments

below about 35 mph it helps your mpg to roll down the windows but above that it creates drag.

rolling down your windows isnt eco friendly, it creatmes more drag and uses more gas than if you just turned on the AC

Whether rolling down the windows is eco-friendly or not, the fact that you're mindless enough to follow the Green trend would suggest that you deserve to be stung to death.

Actually, according to Mythbusters, the lowered MPG due to rolling down your windows is equal to the gas use of A/C. So unless you really love the wind blown look you get on the highway, you might as well use the A/C. Too bad you go stung for nothing.

deja54 0

Try turning your AC off but leaving the fan blowing, keeping the windows up. You'll get your ventilation without dragging the engine with the AC's compressor. Amazing how little people know about their multi-thousand dollar investments.

Le_Rire 0

Number 80, isn't that the truth.

goldengophers12 0

No one should encourage #3. It's one thing if there's a person in the story who had it worse than the op... It's just plain terrible when someone makes up a FML for the insect that "was friends with" the insect that died in the story.

FML i got stung by a bee...wow...since when did americans become such *******?

Hey! The bee appreciated your eco-friendliness....