The cheek!

By Anonymous - 01/06/2014 16:36 - Germany - Ammerndorf

Today, my daughter used her spare key to get into my house while I was at work, then took and pawned off all of my jewelry. She only confessed when I confronted her with video camera footage. Her defense was that I told her I'd leave her everything in my will. Honey, I'm not dead yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 977
You deserved it 5 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aspen_Grace33 27

Maybe you should teach her a lesson the hard way and take her to the police station to discuss what this could lead to in the future... My parents did that with my brother when he was forging progress reports they were supposed to sign!

Comments

friedpwnadge 25

The cops can drive home a point better than parental discipline sometime.

JMichael 25

I think a night in jail may help her see to reason.

kewpiesuicide 29

Has anyone noticed that the daughter is most likely at least 18? She obviously doesn't live with her mother anymore or she wouldn't have to sneak in. In my experience, adults who steal family heirlooms and sell them usually have a drug problem. I feel for you OP but if this is the problem, it will continue until she gets some help.

schhichick 14

I totally read this FML in a Todd Chrisley voice

incoherentrmblr 21

You may not be dead, but I hope she doesn't see you as dead to her lifewise...

All the comments replied to mine do not belong in the reply section, they belong as standalone comments. Stop doing that.

whiskeey 14

.. You really think new locks will help in that scenario?..

incoherentrmblr 21

Metallica - Enter Sandman...

36 - it solves the problem of no more sneak ins

StillUsesMyspace 22

45, your comments ALWAYS seem completely unrelated to me. The worst part is that I worry you're making a valid reference that I don't get...

sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight!

StillUsesMyspace 22

Oh! thank you 60. I guess he really is making valid references.

47 - Maybe I misread the context of this thread, but My thinking was that "sleep with one eye open" was alluding to the fact that the daughter could be a threat. It deals with a will, not being dead and the daughter wanting everything in the will. Hence, "changing the locks" really wouldn't stop a determined, homicidal daughter.

NightOwI 9

Gripping your pillow tight Aaand now it's stuck in my head...

Actually, if you read the post carefully, it went to the pawn shop.

actually, if you read #3 carefully, you would see they were talking about the will

Actually, if you read #18's comment carefully, his point is that there's nothing left to give because it already got pawned.

newnightsky 5

actually jesus said "BRB" to the human race

RedPillSucks 31

Actually, when I read this chain of comments, they're pretty hilarious

Aspen_Grace33 27

Maybe you should teach her a lesson the hard way and take her to the police station to discuss what this could lead to in the future... My parents did that with my brother when he was forging progress reports they were supposed to sign!

PresidentNorth 16

I used to do that in school when I had a couple bad grades I couldn't fix in time to avoid arguments with my mom. I guess I deserve to go to jail also?

PresidentNorth 16

yes bringing your child to the cops because he forged your signature on a progress report is definitely a criminal offense that they will arrest you for. I'm pretty sure they laughed at your parents when they left.

Aspen_Grace33 27

They didn't take him to the cops to have him arrested. They took him to the police station to have the cops explain what forging signatures can lead to in the future. Such as forging a check.

Forging on a progress report is a lot different then a check or stealing jewelry... It's a normal thing to try to avoid getting yelled at by your Mum and Pa.

Not too late to change the will now..just kidding. But seriously, that's so ****** up.

ihavenolifehaha 16
Goblin182 26

No, her daughter is a drug addict.

Emily062611 6

...and probably also really stupid for stealing from her parents.

She's not poor. The little thief just stole all her mother's jewelry. Maybe it will be enough for her to make bail.

rocker_chick23 27

How is she a poor child? She is a criminal and judging by her not living at home, an adult

thee_most_dope 30

Maybe that was the next part of the plan?

She might be your daughter but I agree with others about taking her to the police. Things start small and as they go on they get bigger. I'm sure you don't want to be visiting her in juvie!

usnwife 18

Im wondering how old the daughter is though, the way its worded sounds like she doesnt live with OP. My first thought was that it was an adult daughter, but I suppose she could be younger and live with her dad? Im curious now!

No matter how old she is, it's just stupid and deserves punishment

What was the train of thought that led to that plan of action....

RedPillSucks 31

Junkie, self-entitled spoiled kid train of thouht