Sherri Wanabee

By Jose - 08/07/2023 03:00

Today, my daughter and her best friend made an elaborate plan that she was kidnapped, causing me to cough up $7000 in ransom money, which I later found out was a hoax. All this because she’s still upset I left her terminally ill mother for my current girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 198
You deserved it 2 953

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She should have taken you for more and tell your girlfriend what you did, you ******* sociopath.

how could you leave someone that's dying like that?! she trusted you to care for her in sickness and health. And you're just casually like yeah my daughter is still upset. Of course she is! you abandoned her mother! I hope your daughter never talks to you again you sick ****.

Comments

She should have taken you for more and tell your girlfriend what you did, you ******* sociopath.

how could you leave someone that's dying like that?! she trusted you to care for her in sickness and health. And you're just casually like yeah my daughter is still upset. Of course she is! you abandoned her mother! I hope your daughter never talks to you again you sick ****.

Man lots of judgy people. Easy to have the moral high ground when you're not one having to pay the price for it.

The woman is/was terminal. Literally all OP needed to do was wait it out and he could’ve had the moral high ground *and* the new girlfriend.

@Brightside86 - OP sounds callous enough that he left her because "It's not what he signed up for." Saying "all this because" is a major red flag. The divorce rate is 21% if women become seriously chronically ill, compared to only 3% if it's men. I don't condone what his daughter did, but I don't blame her. OP must be a real piece of work.

Looks like being human garbage is hereditary.

I guess this deserves to be on Reddit on r/I'm a total piece of shit. I hope you end up being placed in the most abusive, dirty, disgusting Elderly Care facility your daughter can find someday. Hopefully your daughter lives in one of those areas where she can sue you for this you piece of ******* trash. But statistically speaking people like you do die alone like 99% of the time so enjoy that thought for the rest of your life.

Please tell me you were married so a judge can give all your assets to your ex.

First of all, you're an asshole for leaving her terminally ill mother (assuming she was also your wife). Second, you're an asshole for getting a new girlfriend WHILE the previous woman, the mother of your child, was still alive but dying. That's beyond rubbing salt in a wound. Third, you're a total idiot for falling for an obvious hoax. You should have lost way more than $7,000 for being a shitty excuse for a human being. You've definitely lost the respect of your daughter. Do the world a favor and do NOT have any more kids, because you'll undoubtedly disappoint them too... and probably also their mother.

It's a bold move coming online and admitting you're the worst kind of asshole.

Schm17ty 1

Wow. One can only hope the same thing happens to you but with a MUCH more devastating disease, preferably beginning in your pants.