The cheek!

By Anonymous - 01/06/2014 16:36 - Germany - Ammerndorf

Today, my daughter used her spare key to get into my house while I was at work, then took and pawned off all of my jewelry. She only confessed when I confronted her with video camera footage. Her defense was that I told her I'd leave her everything in my will. Honey, I'm not dead yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 977
You deserved it 5 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aspen_Grace33 27

Maybe you should teach her a lesson the hard way and take her to the police station to discuss what this could lead to in the future... My parents did that with my brother when he was forging progress reports they were supposed to sign!

Comments

Did you ask her where's the money from the jewelry she pawned off?

I hope you pinched her ear and dragged her down through the streets to the pawn shop and made her get your jewelry back. Also that you took the key from her and maybe changed the locks. I wouldn't trust my daughter if she did something like that.

Sell all her stuff and see how she likes that.

Goblin182 26

She has probably already sold all of her stuff.

Am I the only one who finds it messed up that the mother actually set up a camera?!

A security camera isn't that odd if there are valuables in the house. Which there were.

There are good reasons to have a security camera in your home. Some use them to make sure nannies are not abusing the kids, to keep an eye on their pets when they are gone, and (mainly) theft. Good thing the OP did have one. Otherwise she would have thought a stranger had broken in and she would not know what a little thief her daughter was.

Urpoppy 21

I would certainly file a police report and press charges.

havahnegila 22

1. About the will: you'll orobably get over it in time so going and changing it might be a little pointless. However if she's that desperate for cash there's a good change she won't protect or respect your assets. People's viewpoints on these things don't change. 2. Change your locks. Add window locks. Don't let her in the house by herself. 3. I understand not calling the cops on family but if you file a police report, even if you don't report why you know, you can get your jewelry back. 4. Hopefully things get better with your family. Unfortunately my family has stolen from me as well and nothing can cover up that violation of trust and vulnerability it creates. I hope you can work through it.

I hope you told her if you got all your jewelry back she's out of the will for that stunt

I think you need to investigate the possibility she has a drug problem. Heroin is at an all time high in Germany. That's the only situation I've heard of with this type of behavior.