The bird's the word

By anonymous - 26/06/2012 06:05 - United States - Ridgewood

Today, I slammed my middle finger in a drawer. I screamed and my mom came running into the kitchen. She asked me what was wrong, so without thinking I stuck up my middle finger. She hasn't spoken to me since this morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 085
You deserved it 6 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're a big girl. Use your big girl words.

lalalanono 8

It's a sad day when your mom jumps to the worst case scenario.

Comments

OP - just talk to your mom I'm sure she will understand - sometimes when your in pain the right words don't come out of your mouth - trust me I've been there on that one , after beating cancer three times I've figured out that the little things in life aren't worth worrying about , the rest of today will be better.:)

aleahlioness 15

Just tell her what happened. :)

Use your big girl words, OP. If a doctor asks you what's wrong and you broke your leg, you don't just stick your leg out an hope your doctor is a psychic. But your mom kinda sounds a bit rude for just ignoring you and not asking what your motive was.

BRAVO, I love your inventiveness! I think your mother took things a little too seriously. Has there been tension between you two? Sounds like there has been. Go talk to her, tell her what happened, show her your finger (while holding them ALL up), so she can see it swollen and black and blue. And then if she doesn't accept your explanation and apology, then drop the other fingers and give her the salute!

I see this particular grammatically incorrect phrase all the time on FML. I'm beginning to wonder if people do it deliberately in a pathetic attempt at humor.

It was a reflex lmao Happend to me once but it was a nail

That really sucks I did tht to y step dad once but he actually deserved it lol

X_Codes 11

Oh, come on... this is a classic. "I HURT MAH FINGER, SEE?!"

tennislove11 2

well this is a problem that could have easily been avoided......isnt it obvious? just be like"yo mama, i jammed my finger in the drawer, i wasnt flippin u off." and be done with it. Simple

Read some of the previous comments. Most people don't have they urge to speak while in pain.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Mostly they have the urge to say "****, ****, ****, ****, ****!" Not that that's entirely helpful in this situation.